Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, DCJonah said:

What do you see that makes you believe its building to something?

Purslow said top half minimum this season. Do we look like a top half team?

We look like a team that's going down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Where did I even say that? I want Gerrard gone. I just think words like poison and Toxic are OTT. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

It was obvious in that game what we had to do, but we didn't because the players lack belief and that is on him.

Our football is slow, predictable and timid. It only gets worse when we are forced to express ourselves and show some balls.

Only one person to blame for that.

So these premier league quality players need “belief” instilled by their manager in order to do the basic parts of their job (e.g. Ollie finishing in the box, McGinn finding a pass)?

help me understand why the players bare no responsibility here.

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes it’s boring but I do think from some of the reactions and words like poison and toxic branded around you’d think we were rock bottom with no points.  It’s very OTT.

I’d say Villa fans and Villa management are being way too mild in our reactions.  

We are tracking at 38 points for the season. Relegation form. We don’t look like improving. We’ve been in this form since April. 

This is one of the worst periods I’ve seen as a Villa fan (obviously after the couple of years of circling relegation followed by relegation).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Actually Purslow said competing for Europe before the season started.  

Somewhere later on that got changed to top half, not sure if that was by Purslow, Gerrard or Gerrards media mates.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

I’d say Villa fans and Villa management are being way too mild in our reactions.  

We are tracking at 38 points for the season. Relegation form. We don’t look like improving. We’ve been in this form since April. 

This is one of the worst periods I’ve seen as a Villa fan (obviously after the couple of years of circling relegation followed by relegation).

Since we turned ‘pragmatic’ we’re on course for another 60 points 🤣 😉 

12 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Some of you have forgot the rubbish we had under Lambert.

Some of you kept telling me Westwood was a good player.

3 1st teamers out today who would have made a difference.

The average players, who need replacing, Watkins, Ings, Bailey, are all DS signings. 

I like Poch, but I think he would struggle with some of the players we have

Gerrard has much superior squad than Lambert who was also shit. Lambert had Benteke and that was it

Even if some of that is on the players for not scoring you can't excuse the last 10 months of dross. His tactics, selections, subs are all poor and the football served up is beyond boring.

I will give him credit on the signings but a lot of that is down to the budget allowed. Smith was told to work with trying to get players in that we can increase in value and resell later on, clearly that has gone out the window for Gerrard.

He would make a good direct of football or head of recruitment but he's not prepared for this level and hasn't adjusted in a year here, that isn't going to change anytime soon. Needs to learn his trade in the Championship, which is miles harder than the SPL, huge mistake hiring someone who's only experience is in an extremely weak league.

Â