Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

18 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Our football is dog shit and we will get battered the second we play against a side that can muster more than Southampton's staggering 0.44 xG. 

Results are key, obviously, but there needs to be a huge upturn in performance to give the many concerned on here a bit of confidence that Gerrard is starting to work. 

A team like Man City you mean?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

You must be referring to world class football that we played in that match which would ensure that over the course of a season, when things tend to balance themselves out, we would be pushing for the upper half of the table with the amount of chances (oh) we created. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

Funny how we haven’t lost a game for 26 days, yet you’d think we lost on Saturday if you listen to the same posters on here.

Because some fans can assess more than two games at a time rather than the modern TikTok concentration level mentality of last game and next game focus only.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

This international break is unbearable.

What happens with the players getting better the less they play is now somehow happening with the manager.

Please don't let the two weeks off fool you into thinking he's not tactically clueless and completely out of his depth.

These 1 - 0 results while playing awful football will run out sooner or later and normal service will resume. 

My only hope is that the club takes action before the decent managers that are available don't get snapped up by other clubs and we end up with fat sam. 

Made worse by the standard of football played by Southgate’s England being so similar to that of Gerrard’s Villa. The day I can once again support Aston Villa and England can’t come soon enough. I think I’ll celebrate that day like we’d actually won something! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

The Man City game is no benchmark I’m afraid.

this was a bunch of player punching above their weight in order to avoid a heavy defeat.

there is credit in this of course  but your not getting this too often

9 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

Funny how we haven’t lost a game for 26 days, yet you’d think we lost on Saturday if you listen to the same posters on here.

Can I play this game?

We have only won one league game in the last 44 days, yet you'd think that Steven Gerrard was the best manager in the Premier league if you listen to the same posters on here.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I reckon we’ll win the next 2 and Gerrard is around for longer. 

One would hope everyone on this forum would be ecstatic if we did. 10 points from 12 would be a good return.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

XG seems to be different on every site you look at but Villa are near the bottom on all. Not a good luck for Gerrard but it’s the points that count overall. So far no where near good enough but I reckon we’ll win the next 2 and Gerrard is around for longer. 

Fbref.com is the most reliable source. They get their data from Statsbomb

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Agreed. I am embarrassed and I don't even know what it means. 😀

In layman’s terms it means based on the chances we’ve created we’d only “expect” to score less than a goal a game

Â