Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I've no idea how one game has made everyone happy for him to have the next game. We often get called a fickle fan base and I never saw why until today. 

30-odd games of complete tactical ineptitude. He got it right today, accidentally I'd imagine, and suddenly were deciding his fate on a game by game basis? Not for me. I'll enjoy a good result, but he needs to go. 

You are only as good as your last game.

Follow up with a win against Leicester and things start to look brighter.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I've no idea how one game has made everyone happy for him to have the next game. We often get called a fickle fan base and I never saw why until today. 

30-odd games of complete tactical ineptitude. He got it right today, accidentally I'd imagine, and suddenly were deciding his fate on a game by game basis? Not for me. I'll enjoy a good result, but he needs to go. 

Exactly this. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

You kept that quiet when he lost the previous ones. 

Nope, aired my opinions post match. Nothing more to say other than looking to the next game. 

Credit to Stevie for finally putting his career ahead of keeping the Scottish word removed in midfield happy. We were much better without him on the pitch, which is something most fans had been calling for. This is a good step in the right direction, but we really need to start getting some wins now. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

The first words out of him "the players followed instructions for the majority of the game".

He's such a clearing in the woods

Huge word removed

all this does is delay the inevitable 

• Like 1

Credit to him for the game but as I said in the rating thread, one drop in the ocean doesn’t make a difference for me.  Still hope he gets fired asap so we can move on from him and the disaster he’s been.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

But what today has shown is the team is good enough to compete with the very best.

Exactly, today showed he didn’t get a tune out them in games we could’ve got a lot more from.  Still only 4 points in 6 games.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Talked about tweaking and moving away from his vision and long term idea of how he wanted to play. Stick to it and don’t re visit your “vision”  great win but long ways to go yet.

He should stick to it like Smith stuck to the more solid formation at the end of the 19/20 season. Hope we don't revert against Leicester 

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I hope this kick starts him now and he gets us going.

Not that I like him, or how he has been so far. But that I want every single manager who has had the job to succeed, as that means we are successful.

Isn't that what we all want? For us to succeed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â