Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Luckly it don't work this way, it'll all be getting sorted behind closed doors as we speak hopefully, so win or lose he'll be going.

The money the owners have spent, 2nd from bottom, financial suicide to keep him here.

Didn't happen that way for Smith...  We fooked about for two weeks doing interviews with gems like Fat Frank and Roberto Martinez for the entirety of an international break before mumblemouth Steve was announced.  

20 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I do get the feeling he loves himself, it's all about Brand Gerrard isn't it?

i think his "tactics and formation" is basically him trying to audition for Liverpool.

Unfortunately, its not working, but he's too stubborn to accept it and change it cus it will mean accepting that he cant make the Liverpool system work here.

Willing to sink a club to try and win his audition.

5 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Didn't happen that way for Smith...  We fooked about for two weeks doing interviews with gems like Fat Frank and Roberto Martinez for the entirety of an international break before mumblemouth Steve was announced.  

Our numpty owners are probably sounding out Dyche & Parker as we speak.

• Haha 1

On 28/08/2022 at 18:34, av1 said:

The thing that worry’s me most about Gerrard is that what he says doesn’t translate into what he does. 

This is the Gerrard thread so I don’t want to digress into talking about players/transfers/tactics etc but as examples of what I mean. 

He talks about wanting to be a possession based football team but then installs a captain who is most at fault for the fact we are not, at the expense of someone like Luiz, who for his faults is very good in possession. 

He talks about building from the back but seems to prefer Konsa over Chambers who is much more comfortable with the ball at his feet. 

He talks about a lack of creativity but plays Watkins and Ings up top, and has players like Bailey and Buendia on the bench. 

He talks about leaders in the team and then strips the only leader we have of the captaincy (and judging from the performances so far this season I genuinely do believe that decision has upset the squad)

He talks a brilliant game but seems to have no idea of how to deliver it. 

We’ve now signed a CDM that isn’t particularly good on the ball, and someone that will only play if Gerrard picks a system that he had never picked before. 

What he says and what he does are 2 very different things. 

It’s a really bad sign. 

Just now, av1 said:

We’ve now signed a CDM that isn’t particularly good on the ball, and someone that will only play if Gerrard picks a system that he had never picked before. 

What he says and what he does are 2 very different things. 

It’s a really bad sign. 

Gerrards going, no way he stays beyond the Southampton game  I expect him to be gone sooner. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i think his "tactics and formation" is basically him trying to audition for Liverpool.

Unfortunately, its not working, but he's too stubborn to accept it and change it cus it will mean accepting that he cant make the Liverpool system work here.

Willing to sink a club to try and win his audition.

He has failed his audition massively anyway.

Not a hope in a million years he'll get the Liverpool job now.

They'll be looking for a top manager to replace Klopp when he goes and have gone way past the years when they made sentimental appointments. 

Jimmy Tarbuck has a better chance of landing that job than Gerrard.

• Haha 1

Just now, dubliner said:

Only prospect of a job he'd want now, is going into the ages in England set up and positioning himself as per Southgate, another failed coach

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dubliner said:

He has failed his audition massively anyway.

He knows it too. He’ll have few kind words for the team / club / fans once he’s out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Gerrards going, no way he stays beyond the Southampton game  I expect him to be gone sooner. 

I hope you’re correct, but it would still worry me. 

1) If Dendoncker is a Gerrard signing why are we signing a player for a manager that will be gone soon?

2) If he is a board signing why has our “brains” decided this guy is the one? 

Im genuinely worried 

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Unless there is a contractual clause that he gets no compo if he loses X in a row or something I dont understand why is he still in his job. In fact it angers me. I need to calm down.

Maybe if we're bottom of the table compo is reduced. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Unless there is a contractual clause that he gets no compo if he loses X in a row or something I dont understand why is he still in his job. In fact it angers me. I need to calm down.

How many would it be? 

He's done 4 in a row more than once now? It'll be 5 come Saturday... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

He will be sacked soon anyway, why don’t they do it now. I can’t see what is different in 1,2,3 or however many games he will be given, he has nothing to offer as a manager.

There is no player development, all our our players are worse then what they were when he joined.

He replaced our best player on an area with the new signing. Happened both in defence and midfield, what is wrong with playing two good players in the same area. It worked wonders when Kamara and Luiz was together in midfield against West Ham.

Constantly try to get bad tactics to work, game after game, but is to stubborn to try something else.

After losing Beale tactics and substitution have gone from not very good, to a total horror show.

Gerrard needs to go now.

This 100%

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I could be reading too much into things that aren't there but I think he's gone. 

It is a bit quiet since we genetally have a manager comment after a signing.

I think he'll have the City game to finish him off and give the owners a confirmed reason!

Â