Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Desperately hoping for some good news. Obviously I don't expect him to be sacked now (even though he should be), but some stories about how the board are considering making a change at least would give me some hope. This can't go on for much longer.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Desperately hoping for some good news. Obviously I don't expect him to be sacked now (even though he should be), but some stories about how the board are considering making a change at least would give me some hope. This can't go on for much longer.

0 chance of him getting any points against Arsenal and Man City, the next guy should get some time on the training ground with the players to undo all the shit they’ve been fed by Gerrard, Beale, Danks, MacPhee and McAllister (Critchley gets a pass atm) and hopefully with the games after that we can start to make a mark on this league.

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I lost my patience with Smith at times, but I regret it. He was a key player in the greatest feel-good period at Villa in decades. If we can match that again I'll be happy.

I dont regret smith going it was the right time for him to go. But what i do regret is gerrard being appointed.

I didnt want him but gave him a chance but our reservations about him being a gamble and not experienced were correct.

Its only four games in but this has been going on since last year and we are even worse. There has been literally zero improvement. 

When purslow sacked smith he talked about continuous improvement. So based on that gerrard is on the verge of the sack surely as this is absymal in every sense.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Tell me that this is not a face of a  man who  has just found out he is about to be sacked

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "VI C mier que"

Not yet. He looks someone who knows he im deep shit as the fans are turning and he needs to fix it quick or he is getting the 1st sack on his cv

• Like 1

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

I don’t think he’ll be sacked for a while and I don’t think we’ll get anything more out of the transfer window than an extra CB. I hate this season already.

If he loses the next two as expected how can he survive? One win in six three wins in what 17? 

They wont be able to justify it

• Like 1

This man managed us for 3/4 of last season and thought the one major change he needed in his setup was to drop Mings completely out of the leadership structure. What a dope.  

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see if the club do any further business over the next few days. I suspect they'll not spend any more money as it's almost certain a new manager will be here in January and will need to be given funds. Maybe a CB on loan at most.

Â