Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, string28 said:

Yeah was funny said "hes won things and is a big player" when told he was manager not player anymore and said "get rid then he can do better" lol couldnt make it up.

After seeing RAWK today, I would say the sentiment of Pool fans is that Gerrard is in trouble and they can't understand why he can't get more out of a decent bunch of players.

Just now, BennettVilla said:

Even Declan Rice came up to the Holte and applauded the villa fans, Gerrard didn’t 

Rice has always had a soft spot for us. Nearly signed on loan under Deano until fat Sam blocked it. Has alot of good things to say about us.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

You could honestly have Critchley take the team for the Arsenal and City games and the outcome will be as it will be anyway. Gerrard is offering nothing. Get rid of him now. 

Not necessarily.

I genuinely think Critchley might even do better at this point.

Purely based on what I've read about his philosophy.

5 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

And why are the post match interviewer so nice? Seems like he has way too much respect for SG.

Because they're probably a bit wary of being spoken to like a piece of shit like he has done several times since joining.

Edited by sharkyvilla

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Imagine how disappointing it must be?

Emi is one of those who has genuinely believed in and tried to push us onwards.

He is very ambitious, you can tell he wants to succeed with us but only a matter of time till he's fed up.

He won’t be here next season imo 

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Whats he said about us?

Every game they play at VP he comes and applauds the Holte. Just the usual Villa is a proper club, nearly signed on loan and during the period how much we wanted him here and treated him well

• Thanks 1

His post match comments were alarming - he bemoaned the lack of creativity but he can’t get a game out of the likes of Coutinho, Buendia and Bailey, which lies at his feet and his coaching/tactics.

Hes out of his depth and talking about bad luck instead of bad management 

• Like 1

It’s time to end Purslow’s vanity experiment. This supposed coup has turned into a pile of p**h. We don’t need a manager who is learning his trade, if this carries on we will go down. Hoping our owners put the pressure on to get rid and get an experienced head in to turn things around, after all, we have a half decent squad that the right coach could get a tune from.

Just now, sidcow said:

In addition, I'm a simple man. Someone is also going to have to explain to me what Steve Gerrard is thinking when he is watching Watkins and Ings play together that he feels he has to keep picking them together

It's the only formation that allows him to play with his ultra attacking fullbacks. Funny enough he has tried everything except changing that. He's married to it and it's going to be his downfall. 

Pep, Arteta and Klopp all have tried tucking their FBs inside to create space for their flair players. Not Steven though, he's going to keep trying this one trick over and over and over..... 

1 minute ago, Strog said:

It’s time to end Purslow’s vanity experiment. This supposed coup has turned into a pile of p**h. We don’t need a manager who is learning his trade, if this carries on we will go down. Hoping our owners put the pressure on to get rid and get an experienced head in to turn things around, after all, we have a half decent squad that the right coach could get a tune from.

Wouldn't surprise me if Purslow clings onto keeping slippy by appointing a director of football to 'help Steven out'

Â