Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I won't get abusive towards him but what's the point in continuing now?

It's been so obvious it wasn't going to work. 

I can't believe we've chucked away all that positivity within the space of 12 months. 

Just shows even with upward trajectory as we had between 2019-21 make a few wrong calls/lose key player and you can slip easily back down prem table.

I feared at the time we'd lose Grealish 12 months too early and his departure has certainly set us back seasons in the overall grand masterplan the owners have.

Expanding the stadium is going to be a vanity project at this rate.

8 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

Makes no sense sacking now before we have Arsenal and City coming up. But after that, I think there is a case for the sacking, unless some miracle results and performances. Today was quiye a terrible performance.

How have you come to that conclusion? The man hasn’t got a clue! 

6 minutes ago, bose said:

New manager and possible new manager bounce. He has no hope

That is why I would wait until next weekend, as the new manager bounce will probably have better effect on other teams than Arsenal and City.

1 minute ago, DeepDish said:

That is why I would wait until next weekend, as the new manager bounce will probably have better effect on other teams than Arsenal and City.

At this point I don't see the use in waiting. Gerrard is that useless.

• Like 1

Just now, DeepDish said:

I want maximum effect from new manager bounce and not a new manager in when playing far superior sides.

I don’t want to forfeit 6 points and bend over for two games. And also create more tension between our better players who can’t get a start 

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Talks a good game. The after dinner stories circuit is probably most suitable for him. Football management is not.

That’s me done after today. He’s just not good enough. 

It's not "good talk" if it is clearly bluster and it always has been with him. Immediately obvious to me from the very start. It's bland, insincere, bull shit. He doesn't believe what he is saying. 

• Like 2

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Bringing a new manager in now, right before Arsenal and City, would be insane.

But how about sacking SG tonight and leaving Critchley in charge until the first international break.

With the right manager Leicester away and Southampton at home are very winnable games and would get the season right back on track.

We need to be approaching people tonight and hopefully someone good will say yes by end of the week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Bringing a new manager in now, right before Arsenal and City, would be insane.

But how about sacking SG tonight and leaving Critchley in charge until the first international break.

That is a good solution. Might get a short term boost for some players the next two matches just knowing a new manager will come, and then hopefully get a name that gives faith and confidence.

Sigh

Another week, another loss. Gerrard really has not a clue what he's doing, he is possibly the stupidest manager in the 40 years I've followed the club.

He needs to go and he needs to go now, no waiting, no excuses, no giving him until whatever game. He is an incompetent fool.

• Like 2

Hilarious how he found a much more solid midfield combo and in a state of panic reverted back to Ramsey and McGinn. The man is clueless. He doesn't even attempt to change the shape. Just like for like subs game after game. 

His 2 striker formation has now failed him as well wonder what he resorts to now. 

• Like 1

Â