Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Steven Gerrard Manu have decided to leave their Skipper out against Liverpool tonight it's took Ten Hag only a couple of games to do this because the performance didn't warrant him starting.

Can you at least try and make things slightly easier by dropping mcginn he's been poor for ages now and other teams are not afraid to remove the skipper so you should do exactly the same.

John mcginn has hit his ceiling and will hold us back.

Get a back bone and do right by the club and not yourself you selfish little man.

• Like 1

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

If Gerrard loses the next three he will become the worst manager in our history...apparently? Did anyone see that?

Those stats floating around on Twitter are incorrect. 

He's still shit though :D 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We have, in the sense that some of them (7/27) are still here in some capacity. Of the squad that just about survived in the 19/20 season, we still have:

Tyrone Mings

John McGinn

Ezri Konsa

Douglas Luiz

Anwar El Ghazi

Marvelous Nakamba

Kortney Hause

The last 4 players in that list played a combined 25 minutes this season (Douglas Luiz sub appearances). El Ghazi is currently training with the kids. Hause is about to leave on loan. And Nakamba is backup for the backup. 

Hardly what I'd call an influential nucleus of the team that survived 3 years ago. We've long moved past this, as evidenced by the 55 point season that followed directly after.

I don't think it's Gerrard being punished here, but more the board. Gerrard didn't do anything wrong. He'd have been a fool to turn down such a huge job with extortionate wages. It was on the board to appoint someone to really push us on, and not someone who's still learning the ropes as a manager at the top level. 

And the biggest problem for Gerrard is that he doesn't learn.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Different perspective from Pete " Can we...just...calm the f*ck down ? We're 3 weeks into a new season, and it's gone from zero to utter hysteria in 3 match days " etc . Very good and balanced watch to be fair, also goes a little into Dean Smith, the ramifications of sacking a Manager. Media and Fan noise in the UK , Purslow, the board etc.  Also has a little go at people questioning the owners.

this guy is hopeless at analyzing things, he never says anything of note and is too much of a fanboy to give honest opinions

Probably the worst podcast on Villa on Youtube

• Like 1

Gerrard is Thick as mince he keeps doing the same things same selections same mates in side every week when he gets removed he has no one to blame but himself, he needs to sit back and look at all the failings because there are plenty.

Regardless of what he does with his management in the future his stats as villa boss will be there for him to look at and remind him what a pathetic job he has done.

7 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Read this again, and it is a really appalling post TRO.

Disappointing.

Jas....my apologies.

It wasn't you who embarked on a tirade of expletives, of shit manager, shit this, shit that, shit the other.....I thought it was you, and it wasn't, sorry mate.....its that kind of vitriol, that encouraged me to defend Bruce....so I will defend any of OUR managers, when that is rolled out.

We are all, double miffed, by what we are seeing......I was last season too......but I was also pleased with the away win at Leeds, and the home win against Southampton, the First 45 against Spurs, was as good as I have seen, for a long time.....The first 74 minutes at the Etihad had credence, until Mr Hyde reared his ugly head and avoidable goals were conceded with ease of eating a candy floss....same old, same old, same old.

Consistency is our absent friend.

I cannot, and will not defend, that low level of football, seen against Bournemouth and Crystal Palace, albeit the Penalty decision was incompetent, and the dismissing of Emi B's claim of being stamped on was a gross case of Bias.....I can't say we deserved anything ,because we didn't....but an extra point would have made some difference, even if it was never going to negate the Bournemouth Debacle.

I am not defending SG unconditionally, but I am not ( or you)  Privvy to what goes on , behind closed doors, if we was we may have a bit more tolerance or empathy, even if results are not what we really want.

What goes on, on the pitch does not necessarily, equate to the picture, some are painting......sure the football is pants, but there may be things going on we don't know about, or privvy to.

The people who run our club, and the owners, have done a pretty good job so far.....I am willing to trust them, with the handling of the manager. They will know what is being done or not done to reverse this dastardly trend, and it will be feasible or not to them

If they feel he is out of his depth, they will act, I am sure of that......but even, seeing what Arteta had to put up with during his dark days last season, folk calling for his head, and it all looked feasible, from folk(fans) who didn't see the otherside.....but the owners did, and stuck by him, with a fortunate win to buy him time, to get back on their horse.

I am not making a direct comparison with Arteta, just merely suggesting, that we don't see everything thats been done to reverse the shocking football.....I am sure, no one at the club is happy with it.

I say to you  again, we all support this great club and that football we saw, hurts, deeply.....I am totally, with you, but its the owners money at risk, lets see how they handle it, and see if they stick or twist.

I know, and you know, serial losing, with not be tolerated indefinately.....I think we can all rest assured on that.

UTV

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Jas....my apologies.

It wasn't you who embarked on a tirade of expletives, of shit manager, shit this, this that, shit the other.....I thought it was you, and it wasn't, sorry mate.....its that kind of vitriol, that encouraged me to defend Bruce....so I will defend any of OUR managers, when that is rolled out.

We are all, double miffed, by what we are seeing......I was last season too......but I was also pleased with the away win at Leeds, and the home win against Southampton, the First 45 against Spurs, was as good as I have seen, for a long time.....The first 74 minutes at the Etihad had credence, until Mr Hyde reared its ugly head and avoidable goals were conceded with ease of eating a candy floss....same old, same old, same old.

Consistency is our absent friend.

I cannot, and will not defend, that low level of football, seen against Bournemouth and Crystal Palace, albeit the Penalty decision was incompetent, and the dismissing of Emi B's claim of being stamped on was a gross case of Bias.....I can't say we deserved anything ,because we didn't....but and extra point would have made some difference, even if it was never going to negate the Bournemouth Debacle.

I am not defending SG unconditionally, but I am not ( or you)  Privvy to what goes on , behind closed doors, if we was we may have a bit more tolerance or empathy, even if results are what we really want.

What goes on, on the pitch does not necessarily, equate to the picture, some are painting......sure the football is pants, but there may be things going on we don't know about, or privvy to.

The people who run our club, and the owners, have done a pretty good job so far.....I am willing to trust them, with the handling of the manager. They will know what is being done or not done to reverse this dastardly trend, and it will be feasible or not to them

If they feel he is out of his depth, they will act, I am sure of that......but even, seeing what Arteta had to put up with during his dark days last season, folk calling for his head, and it all looked feasible, from folk(fans) who didn't see the otherside.....but the owners did, and stuck by him, with a fortunate win to buy him time, to get back on their horse.

I am not making a direct comparison with Arteta, just merely suggesting, that we don't see everything thats been done to reverse the shocking football.....I am sure, no one at the club is happy with it.

I say to you  again, we all support this great club and that football we saw, hurts, deeply.....I am totally, with you, but its the owners money at risk, lets see how they handle it, and see if they stick or twist.

I know, and you know, serial losing, with not be tolerated indefinately.....I think we can all rest assured on that.

UTV

It’s ok mate. I apologise for any of my faults too.

It’s an emotional time for us fans and there are going to be differences of opinion - which should be respected or accepted. There’s no need for any of us to have a go at each other or talk down to each other if we don’t agree on things.

I think it’s pretty stupid to mock or clash with people who hold a different view, to each their own.

Anyway…

I was worked up and needed a release. A lot calmer now…

It’s ok. Maybe it’s best not to engage or engage in conflict with someone when they are having a good, old fashioned rant.

I’ve said this before but I am willing to repeat it. I don’t come here to engage in conflict or argue with posters. That’s a complete waste of time/life. I am just commenting on what is going on with the club I support and giving my thoughts, opinions and feelings.

So, again, I apologise if I offended you in anyway but at the same time I have to request that you take time and give a bit more thought before responding to posts/posters.

I don’t like clashing, I don’t enjoy it at all tbh. And the last thing I want to do is upset another person, not intentionally anyway.

We are not going to change each other’s minds so it’s best just to agree to disagree.

I haven’t asked or demanded that you change your opinion. You’re entitled to it (as am I or anyone else here) and if you want to defend the manager then fine, that’s your decision. But if someone else doesn’t or wants to criticise him, allow them to without engaging in conflict over it…

I don’t like it when people act superior, it’s an ugly look.

It’s not about who is right or wrong. There needs to be an understanding that people are going to be affected when the team is doing poorly or we have made wrong decisions.

Like I said, if I can’t vent (while explaining my opinion and making certain points - I don’t just swear and shout but sometimes I bit of that is justified when the poster has a point and is worked up) on here, then where?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan501 said:

Gerrard is Thick as mince he keeps doing the same things same selections same mates in side every week when he gets removed he has no one to blame but himself, he needs to sit back and look at all the failings because there are plenty.

Regardless of what he does with his management in the future his stats as villa boss will be there for him to look at and remind him what a pathetic job he has done.

Pavlov’s dog 

My take is that he’s lost the dressing room and they are playing him out.  Players are not having Gerrard and Critchley which is always going to end badly. Now if it is a battle of wills players generally win.  This won’t last 10 games as the owners will have little choice but to get rid!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AVFCGB said:

My take is that he’s lost the dressing room and they are playing him out.  Players are not having Gerrard and Critchley which is always going to end badly. Now if it is a battle of wills players generally win.  This won’t last 10 games as the owners will have little choice but to get rid!!!

These lads aren’t that strong minded or arrogant. 

Â