Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Not sure what you're getting at there, are you suggesting he's not suitable 

He'd be suitable if it was 1989 and we was Wimbledon but I think their philosophy and thinking was more nuanced and modern than Stevie run through brick walls.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Winning percentages, points per game, league table since the start of his reign.

He's shit. End of. His football is shit his selections are shit his tactics are shit his motivating is shit his man management is shit and his soundbites are shit. 

So you are not a fan then of Stevie?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Unless I've added it up incorrectly, Gerrard has managed 38 league games with us (Inc the 3 games this season) and has accumulated 38 pts.  1pt per game,  which is borderline relegation form. As some people have stated, he is on a downward trajectory as he was averaging a higher pts per game figure earlier in his tenure. 

If he had joined this summer and achieved 38pts by the end of this season he would be sacked no doubt. 

He definitely didn't manage us for 35 league games last season, that would have required Smith to have been sacked after 3 games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Unless I've added it up incorrectly, Gerrard has managed 38 league games with us (Inc the 3 games this season) and has accumulated 38 pts.  1pt per game,  which is borderline relegation form. As some people have stated, he is on a downward trajectory as he was averaging a higher pts per game figure earlier in his tenure. 

I believe it's 30 league games, which makes the average a bit better but far from great. As others have said it's more about the trajectory (and the fact that we look lost).

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

If he had joined this summer and achieved 38pts by the end of this season he would be sacked no doubt. 

He’s managed 31 games averaging 1.23 ppm according to Transfer Market. 

So we've got worse than we were under Deano, the squad is stronger (on paper), the signs are that it is only going to get worse and the feel around the club is also worse than it was when Deano was here. There are still people defending Gerrard and mocking the people that have lost faith? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

One under-discussed but big part of his problem is that we're completely incapable of drawing games. I don't know how many we've drawn since he was appointed, but it can't be more than about half a dozen, and a big issue is that draws let everyone think 'at least we got something out the game' even if it's just a single point and the performance wasn't very good. But when we're bad - which is most weeks - we lose (as we do most weeks).

• Like 1

Smith’s PL record with us:

87 games, 28 wins, 16 draws, 43 losses. 110 goals scored, 133 goals conceded. In total, 100 points averaging 1.15 ppm. 

Gerrard’s so far: 

30 games, 11 wins, 5 draws, 14 losses. Goals scored 41, 40 conceded. In total, 38 points, with a 1.27 ppm. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

Smith’s PL record with us:

87 games, 28 wins, 16 draws, 43 losses. 110 goals scored, 133 goals conceded. In total, 100 points averaging 1.15 ppm. 

Gerrard’s so far: 

30 games, 11 wins, 5 draws, 14 losses. Goals scored 41, 40 conceded. In total, 38 points, with a 1.27 ppm. 

Interesting how small the draw percentage is under both managers.  

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If he really did veto the Sarr deal because he dosen't want to change to 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 this guy is simply going to sabotage the season.

Please get him out soon.

If that's the case, his refusal to change will see him sacked sooner rather than later.

It's his career, if he can't adapt things when they aren't working, he's never going to become an elite manager anyway.

• Like 1

Â