Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

58 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

I guess that's the thing that would be interesting to hear about from Rangers fans. Were the subs always so farcical?

I think they just showed a difference in thinking.

I was hoping for a point and SG was obviously looking for a win.

He obviously thought Villa weren't going to create anything, and so brought on what her thought were potential match-winners.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Its gerrrads fault we dont have another dm?? Its gerards fault mcginns forms been poor? Gotcha

Why does he continue to play him if he is poor? Sanson, Chuk sitting on there arse waiting to get a chance 

As for a DM he had an entire window if he wanted one 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why does he continue to play him if he is poor? Sanson, Chuk sitting on there arse waiting to get a chance 

So now he should buy any DM he can get in January if he wants one ?  Come on mate, you’re better than that.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Yes his fault he keeps sticking with the same players but I dont think you can blame him for not signing a dm in January when he missed out on his preferred targets

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So now he should buy any DM he can get in January if he wants one ?  Come on mate, you’re better than that.

Of course not but its obviously all his eggs went in one basket. From the interview I read last week Suarez recommended Bentancur and not the other way around, probably why we didnt bid higher 

Of course not but its obviously all his eggs went in one basket. From the interview I read last week Suarez recommended Bentancur and not the other way around, probably why we didnt bid higher 

We don’t know that. There was a lot of talk about him wanting a defensive midfielder but couldn’t land his targets. In the summer I expect him too.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We don’t know that. There was a lot of talk about him wanting a defensive midfielder but couldn’t land his targets. In the summer I expect him too.

Maybe if he is still here. A defensive midfielder wont help the gaping holes we have no matter how much people think it or it wont help the shit creativity

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The January window is  a very difficult one, hard to get every player you want. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

There are no easy games in the Premier & as the season progresses relegation zone teams will get tougher & tougher to beat. I bet on football on a daily basis & judging a team by position is the road to ruin !

I do agree that Gerrard needs to organize the team better & definitely do a better job on his subs. 

Ok - some premier League games are less difficult than others then.

To stay in the division we need to be beating the poorer teams especially at home - if he can't do that with the resources at his disposal then questions need to be asked.

Since Gerrard took charge we are ranked 10th, the only teams that you would question being above us are West Ham, Southampton and Wolves, the other 6 teams to have done better than us since Gerrards appointment are the usual “top 6”.

All good, nothing to have worry about yet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

The January window is  a very difficult one, hard to get every player you want. 

Yes but he got two of his picks - and we've got worse. If use the rumoured fee of £40m for PC - then thats £65m outlay. 

If £65m has no effect on results - you have to question whether it's worth handing him another £100m in the summer.

People keep banging on about this DM but it's not the problem right now. In our last 3 we are averaging 2 shots on target with an xG total under 3. We aren't nearly creating enough. No where close. 

As a know nothing fan of the game I think our lack creativity has a lot to do with Steven asking two defenders to be the main fulcrum of our attack but what do I know. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Since Gerrard took charge we are ranked 10th, the only teams that you would question being above us are West Ham, Southampton and Wolves, the other 6 teams to have done better than us since Gerrards appointment are the usual “top 6”.

All good, nothing to have worry about yet.

Just the 1 win in 8 then to worry about.  Stats can be used anyway you want, that shows we started well but the last 8 games have gone steeply down hill and the last three games against very poor teams we’ve got 1 point where we should be aiming for at least 5 or 6 points minimum.

Â