Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

I think it is very fair to say he has to earn the right to manage us next season. He is under pressure, so needs to find quick solutions in the short term. The club needs to act if we continue to perform badly. I wouldn't be surprised if we tried for Rodgers in the summer if it goes south.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we played games on paper, you'd all be right, all the time, and we'd be in Europe.

17th placed Newcastle drew with 4th placed West Ham today.

8th placed Tottenham beat the Champions expect today.

There are no " easy " games in the Premier League.

Did you watch us today? Looked pretty easy for Watford to me .

I'm sorry but the last 3 games we have declined game after game , today we showed nothing , no plan at all we looked lost all over the pitch, we never created anything of note and looked completely lost .

Example Cash was part of an  attack that broke down and had to run the full length of the pitch when it broke down, Watford nearly scored. We have 3 attacking players and a midfield that all want to play in the same part of the pitch and no width at all. 

I'm no football genius but it's clear we have no width , if Gerrard can't see it and continues to play this system with these players then he's not a good manager , he's clueless. 

• Like 1

My biggest gripe with him is that he plays like we have Trent and Robertson playing for us. The fullbacks just can't be our main width, that only works for elite teams with elite fullbacks. That only worked in the SPL because you were Rangers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Spurs lose two games on the trot at home to Southampton and Wolves and then go and beat arguably the best team in Europe. 

Of course, SG can still turn it around. What Spurs or any other club does means nothing to us though. 

Edited by Villa_Vids

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

My biggest gripe with him is that he plays like we have Trent and Robertson playing for us. The fullbacks just can't be our main width, that only works for elite teams with elite fullbacks. That only worked in the SPL because you were Rangers. 

Liverpool also have players who are more reliable in possession so the fullbacks don’t have to retreat and sprint back quite as often.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If we had Trent and Robertson it still wouldn’t work because we don’t control the play.

Trent and Robertson don’t have to run 90 yards back and forth all match. Liverpool spend most of the game camped in the opposing half and their fullbacks just have to patrol the wide areas there. 

• Like 4

I’m not going to spiral into a knee jerk ‘sack the manager’ position after a poor run, but today’s game management pissed me off. The subs and formation changes were just absurdly bad and probably cost us three points. 

Right now, were not playing nearly as well as the squad is capable of. That can’t go on for very long before serious questions must be asked. Today was awful. 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 3

I wasn't on board with this appointment from the beginning because I thought the gap between the Scottish League and Premier League was to big. Encouraged by his start but now I think that inexperience is really showing. Eddie Howe and Roy Hodgson knew exactly how they should play to control us. It's very worrying with this performances.

I wouldn't trust him with an overhaul of the squad. 2 - 3 big signings tops. If he survive to the summer because he has work to do with the current squad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

I wasn't on board with this appointment from the beginning because I thought the gap between the Scottish League and Premier League was to big. Encouraged by his start but now I think that inexperience is really showing. Eddie Howe and Roy Hodgson knew exactly how they should play to control us. It's very worrying with this performances.

I wouldn't trust him with an overhaul of the squad. 2 - 3 big signings tops. If he survive to the summer because he has work to do with the current squad.

I don’t think we’d need an overhaul anyway. 2-3 big signings should be enough. 

• Like 1

The biggest concern with the Gerrard appointment was his experience and its showing in the last few games. Very naive and making some terrible mistakss. 

We expected better, a response.  We didn't get it. Let's not kid ourselves Watford are hopeless and we **** lost to them. 0 points against them and Newcastle is almost unforgivable in my eyes

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The biggest concern with the Gerrard appointment was his experience and its showing in the last few games. Very naive and making some terrible mistakss. 

We expected better, a response.  We didn't get it. Let's not kid ourselves Watford are hopeless and we **** lost to them. 0 points against them and Newcastle is almost unforgivable in my eyes

Imagine the reaction if Smith had served this up.

• Like 2

Gerrard says the performance is on him, he's too blame. If he don't pick up a win in the next game hope sticks to his words and resigns. 
He speaking a good game atm, but we not seeing any actions

Â