Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Do explain.

No offence but it's tremendously boring to be reading things like "Dean Smith wasn't my first choice" all this time down the road, and even to keep hearing how SG wasn't top of anyone's list. We get it. Mine neither. But it's the first game of a new regime, so if people can't get excited on a day like today at what the future might just possibly hold, then... well, go for a run or something instead.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Not sure if this has been asked or not, how did Gerrard set rangers up for set piece? Zonal or man to man ?

Watching the Leicester Chelsea game here and not sure I can deal with much more zonal

Hopefully zonal. Definitely the superior method.

edit; should say not traditional zonal where no one checks the opposition players. The hybrid version where your big players are free to attack the ball if it comes in their zone and the smaller players pick up the runs and put them off.

Edited by a m ole

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Interesting team. Sure we have seen this lineup before. Looks like a diamond

I like it. Makes sense and Ollie can defo do a job out wide. Buendia gets to play in his favourite role. Tbh this is the team most would pick I bet. 

New managers always go back to basics.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Fair enough mate. So do you think that Purslow gave the job to Gerrard because he is a mate? Just as a side point. This process probably started way before Dean was sacked. They must have a succession plan.

I think that Gerrard was always Deans successor, that conversations likely happened over a substantial period of time whenever Dean had a hiccup.  

I would expect Lange to have a list, that’s his job, however I think that lip service was probably paid to other candidates and this has Purslow all over it hence his demeanour in the press conference

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Isn't that what you'd expect anyway?  In interviews you talk about yourself but you also talk about the company you are joining, the major components of each part.  This is just normal interview stuff.

Yeah but he must have known what he was talking about to impress so much, I'm sure many don't.

2 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Defensively we've been good 

That is true but it helps Brighton are shit in attack 

Back 6 were good, after that wasnt great

Edited by Zatman

Â