Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It is club spin but if it’s getting fans onside and optimistic I can’t really see how that’s a bad thing. 

for me its not a problem but with people saying this is mind blowing training and shows why he is a winner is going to irritate people

• Like 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

In the video they must’ve said the word ‘press’ about a million times. I’m cautiously optimistic, like with every new beginning.

Everything looks good. I remember thinking the same when Sherwood first came (and it was actually good for a while). Cautiously optimistic for sure, we need to give him time to figure this out and not heap unnecessary pressure on him. First order of business, slowing the Brighton hype train. No pressure!

31 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Not sure how much longer the club is going to carry on this charade.

Its clearly just a cardboard cut out with Jack Woodward doing a Gerrard impression from behind the camera.

Embarrassing from the club. Laughing stock. Down by Christmas.

Mork calling Orson come in Orson 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

In the video they must’ve said the word ‘press’ about a million times. I’m cautiously optimistic, like with every new beginning.

I was about to post exactly the same - it's a group of men shouting "press" for four minutes.

Tempo looks good, it'll take them a while to get their methods bedded in, lots of new drills, new expectations and so on, but they look on top of it.

I keep going full circle with this one. First unimpressed that we’d even consider him, then keen to get it over the line, then happy it was done, then thinking we’d made a mistake then massively impressed by his interview and excited. Now, I’m back to remembering that we’ve still got the same players and the same injury issues (possibly new ones as well after international break). He’s not the second coming and we should maybe temper expectation. 

The PR for this one has been off the scale is excellent.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bloody hell I never realised how large his social media following was.

9.5 mill on Instagram.

We've got 1.4 mill.

Scousers have 5 accounts each cos they keep getting banned.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I was about to post exactly the same - it's a group of men shouting "press" for four minutes.

Tempo looks good, it'll take them a while to get their methods bedded in, lots of new drills, new expectations and so on, but they look on top of it.

That is exactly what it is. I like the tempo and the urgency of it all.

For anyone expecting a huge sea change by Saturday though… I can’t see it, I think it’ll take weeks until he can grind it in to the players and install a new system  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Was it as good as that Ole training video from about ten years ago and everyone said they wanted him and he be a brilliant manager? 

Couldn't tell you, I've not seen the Ole training video you are referring to. 

2 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Seriously though, why would a professional footballer need to be told this stuff? It makes no sense to me, it's all so obvious.

Aside from the intangible stuff like attitude, aggression and commitment, they have spent their whole lives being drilled as to precisely what to do on a football pitch, particularly off the ball and particularly when you reach the higher levels.

There’s obviously scope for using your intuition, but it has seemed to me for a long time that they’re lacking the correct framework to allow their talent to excel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

That is exactly what it is. I like the tempo and the urgency of it all.

For anyone expecting a huge sea change by Saturday though… I can’t see it, I think it’ll take weeks until he can grind it in to the players and install a new system  

I think we'll get the new manager bounce straight away, but will take months to see permanent improvements and changes. I also liked the use of surnames

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

for me its not a problem but with people saying this is mind blowing training and shows why he is a winner is going to irritate people

Agreed. I didn’t see anything particularly interesting or exceptional in the 3 minute training video, but I do love a gaffer getting involved. He’s still probably the most gifted player there and I do think that gives him an edge. As long as everything else is in place of course.

14 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

More seriously, very good interview. Pretty much nailed every point I wanted him to.

Training session is great! Trezza spotted!!!!
Cant wait to see us play! 

Calm down, calm down.

• Haha 2

Â