Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

For all the people saying that Gerrard is only using us as a stepping stone to better things at Liverpool, I would just like to say that I have supported Villa since Vic Crowe was in charge and of all the managers that have come and gone since him only Graham Taylor has progressed to something better so Gerrard's chances are pretty slim!

23 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Do you think the CEO of Ford hires the engineers? Of the MD of ici hires the chemists? Do you think they give the job of head chemist to a chemist with only 3 years experience. Or lead car designer to an engineer that has only designed an exhaust system?

Jochen Zeitz was 29 when he was hired as CEO of Puma. On his first day he had to make 50% of the workforce redundant. Within 10 years, Puma's share price had gone from below 20€ to over 365€.

There's a lot to be said for natural talent.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

There's some bizarre responses on here.

He is a young hungry coach, who has dragged a team to the top of Scottish football. OK , it's Scottish, does that mean we shouldn't sign Scottish players either?

He is a Scouser who is clearly a Liverpool fan. I don't care! The only way he is getting to Anfield is if he does a super job with Villa.

In terms of him not supporting  the club, when is they a prerequisite for being a manager? I'm assuming Dean Smith will work again. Is Klopp a Liverpool fan?

We were never going to attract a top manager because we are not a top team. We are battling relegation  haven't been in Europe in decades  haven't won a trophy in 25 years. 

The fact that some posters are being so critical is hilarious. Do you know something that no one else does?

Embarrassing, more than bizzare. 

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Jochen Zeitz was 29 when he was hired as CEO of Puma. On his first day he had to make 50% of the workforce redundant. Within 10 years, Puma's share price had gone from below 20€ to over 365€.

There's a lot to be said for natural talent.

Hope you joined the share scheme. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Lets face it he's only got the job because his best buddy is CEO.

When he turns out to be a colossal failure and gets laughed out of the club at the cost of us being relegated he can take Purslow with him.

Were any other candidates even interviewed or shortlisted?

Such short sightedness from the club this will only end in disaster.

The fact that you don't know the answer to the highlighted question suggests that you shouldn't be making the other assertions in that post either.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

The fact that you don't know the answer to the highlighted question suggests that you shouldn't be making the other assertions in that post either.

I swear it feels some fans are almost hoping he fails.  Obviously that’s not the case but still. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I swear it feels some fans are almost hoping he fails.  Obviously that’s not the case but still. 

Makes you wonder. Was the reaction to Bruce warmer? It feels like we’ve had days and days of people contorting themselves into finding anything, literally anything to hold against him 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Makes you wonder. Was the reaction to Bruce warmer? It feels like we’ve had days and days of people contorting themselves into finding anything, literally anything to hold against him 

I feel like I’m reading some Mcleish type reactions. 

2 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Starting to get really fed up with hearing "He will be off to Liverpool asap" really really really fed up now

Wouldn't a 100% of mangers out there take the Liverpool job if it was offered ? 

As pointed out by many if he **** off to Liverpool he’s been a great appointment.   It’s actually a positive! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I feel like I’m reading some Mcleish type reactions. 

this is definitely mcleish levels for some

i'm over it. i'm actually quite excited. wish we hadn't sacked deano but nothing we can do about that now. change in football is like death and taxes...just embrace it when it happens.

excited about how we're going to line up vs brighton

• Like 4

Â