The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

The  two players from the FA Youth Cup winning team that are out on loan and have the biggest chance of making it with the first team are probably Barry and Kesler-Hayden. Good to hear that Gerrard is going to give them a go, with Rangers from what I gather he plays very attack minded fullbacks which will suit Kesler-Hayden as he's very attack minded himself and has been playing wing-back recently - and getting rave reviews for his performances from the Swindon fans.

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I simply, don't see it like you....these people ( players, managers, coaches) are professionals they are not as emotionally attached as we are, even if they try to be, by pandering to our whims.

You saw it with Jack, now the dust has settled, surely we can see, why he went.

It makes absolutely no sense, in wallowing in jealosy or envy of the big clubs and turning it to hate, it becomes a burden.....Don't you think SG himself is risking a lot of emotional fall out from Liverpool fans by coming to us....they are bricking it, him coming to us, and disappointed in him...because they want their cake and eat it.

We have to shake off these emotional shackles, if we are to ever move forward, its no good trying to recruit from the stands, looking for another Villa Fan.....Dean was a one off, it was Roy of the Rovers stuff and great while it lasted, Defeats, is what sunk him and any manager in the future will go the same way....Its not the clubs fault.

who are these "great modern thinking managers", what does it actually mean in the cold light of day.....We have a squad that needs an injection of belief, the owners are trying to recruit a strong Character, who wins more than he loses.....why not give it a try.

If you think another Dean Smith is around the corner, you are kidding yourself....get back to reality.

I understand what you are saying from a logical point however i am a fan of this club and everything that happens to it , i will still hold those emotions attached and this appointment may be good however from a business point of view fair enough but its still that person so its never going to feel right unfortunately , not saying hes not also a modern thinking manager but id rather it were someone else , again this has nothing to do with his potential for success because i think he looks like he could do well. I just do not want to hear Stevie G’s aston villa because that will truly truly make me sick!!! 

Edited by RicRic

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Someone’s making the first team…. Well this is real cryptic for a manager speculation thread, colour me intrigued! What a surprising direction this thread has taken.

I can only assume it’s a youth player or Guilbert… lol or Wesley?!

We're signing Jack in Jan. He always wanted to play for the best midfielder in the PL

22 minutes ago, allani said:

It is a punt.  The difference in the standard of the leagues is very different.  But then sticking with a manager who only had experience in the Championship could be described the same way.  Smith deserved a shot because he got us promoted and he ultimately kept us up and at times had us playing and competing better in the top flight than we have for a long time.  I think SG has done enough in Scotland to be worth a chance in the PL.  But like you say @TRO where I think he might edge it against slightly more experienced managers is that he has experience (as a player) at the very top of the game.  He is a proven winner.  It has been a long time since we've had success inbred in our psyche - hopefully that is something that SG can bring with him.  He clearly has ambition to get to the very top in the managerial game too and nothing in his character suggests that he will do anything other than give it the best go he can.  Would I have liked to see him do well somewhere else other than just Scotland?  Probably.  But then if he did well somewhere else he might well have risen above us and gone straight to one of the teams (currently) above us.  I have some concerns - but in many ways I would much rather try with a young, potentially elite manager than someone with more experience but possibly a lower peak.  Aim for the stars and you might hit the roof type of idea.  It might not work.  It is a gamble.  But if everything SG has achieved to date is anything to go by - this could be the start of something really good.  I certainly expect (if he does sign) that the players will come out all guns blazing for the Brighton match.  I don't think he's the type of guy who would stand for the way we started against Southampton.

Means absolutely  nothing most of the top top players that won everything are flops at management level , but everyone is entitled to having their chance however 

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I know I am crazy but I still have  soft spot for Sherwood. Would never want him back obviously but I loved his attitude.

He was a laugh, the players loved him, one of the boys, a right giggle. If he had any more idea than a three year old cocker spaniel on how to manage a football team he'd have been useful. Sadly he's just a clown.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ada86 said:

Thankyou Eastie like I said  once this person makes it first team I will prove how I know this person . This person will make it I’m sure of it . I will pass on what I can when I hear it

You can't do that. He will get into all sorts of shit for being the leak when he was in the junior setup

21 minutes ago, useless said:

When we appointed Smith he hadn't achieved much, no more than plenty of other championship managers have achieved at similar sized Championship clubs, but was still a good fit as there's so much more to take into consideration when selecting a manager.

You could appoint a champions league winning manager and it'd still be a gamble because of so many variables tbf. I dont think its possible to appoint a manager and it not be a risk. Not saying he would have been my first choice but its atleast an interesting gamble. You also have to remember its a huge gamble for him too so hes obviously not afraid of a challenge.

• Like 1