The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I’m starting to accept it’s going to be Gerrard.  I’m trying to focus on the positives and try to get excited by how the Rangers fans see him.  

I’ve said my piece on Gerrard many many times and my disappointment with Purslow if this happens will be high.

That being said, I’m trying to put a line under it and starting to focus on the positives of Gerrard and wrap my head around what he’ll bring and what his staff will bring.

And we will all join you if it happens. In the interim, I'm hoping it won't. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m starting to accept it’s going to be Gerrard.  I’m trying to focus on the positives and try to get excited by how the Rangers fans see him.  

I’ve said my piece on Gerrard many many times and my disappointment with Purslow if this happens will be high.

That being said, I’m trying to put a line under it and starting to focus on the positives of Gerrard and wrap my head around what he’ll bring and what his staff will bring.

Process the pain Nick, you can get through this. We're all here for you.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I only joined 2 days before he was sacked.  Got to throw my badge in the bin now, it's still in its plastic wrapper.  What a waste.

Trump 2020 flags still being waved in America after he lost 12 months ago so don’t feel bad…

not comparing Trump followers with Smith Out crowd just saying you can keep your badge for a little longer without ridicule 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Process the pain Nick, you can get through this. We're all here for you.

Thanks mate, that along with hookers and drugs for the next week and then I’ll be ready for the Brighton game.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I like what you have said from a breakdown POV but its like liverpool managing us and i dont want those ties with us, my club aston villa are far better than this , its purslows fault he loves those liverpool boys , he needs to be looked at himself , im not a fan of it i want someone off the grid no ties but a great modern thinking manager

I simply, don't see it like you....these people ( players, managers, coaches) are professionals they are not as emotionally attached as we are, even if they try to be, by pandering to our whims.

You saw it with Jack, now the dust has settled, surely we can see, why he went.

It makes absolutely no sense, in wallowing in jealosy or envy of the big clubs and turning it to hate, it becomes a burden.....Don't you think SG himself is risking a lot of emotional fall out from Liverpool fans by coming to us....they are bricking it, him coming to us, and disappointed in him...because they want their cake and eat it.

We have to shake off these emotional shackles, if we are to ever move forward, its no good trying to recruit from the stands, looking for another Villa Fan.....Dean was a one off, it was Roy of the Rovers stuff and great while it lasted, Defeats, is what sunk him and any manager in the future will go the same way....Its not the clubs fault.

who are these "great modern thinking managers", what does it actually mean in the cold light of day.....We have a squad that needs an injection of belief, the owners are trying to recruit a strong Character, who wins more than he loses.....why not give it a try.

If you think another Dean Smith is around the corner, you are kidding yourself....get back to reality.

• Like 1

Just now, doaflip said:

All we can be sure of is that someone is making the first team.

Yes they will I guarantee it this person is highly rated and I bet if I told you who most on here would think same that’s all I’m saying now like I said I’m villa through and through and I am not lying just saying what I’ve been told . no it’s not a keeper the clue was there is a reason person got KEPT on 

1 minute ago, MrSmirch said:

Tonev was his last idea.

Im pretty sure Stan had better ideas.  No matter who we purchased with that laughable budget was going to be a failure. 

Someone’s making the first team…. Well this is real cryptic for a manager speculation thread, colour me intrigued! What a surprising direction this thread has taken.

I can only assume it’s a youth player or Guilbert… lol or Wesley?!

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nick, Let me say this, I am not trying to influence you.....you are far too intelligent for that....and I am not going to repeat myself of how sure I am this will be, if it happens.

These people are professionals and they have to endear themselves to the clubs they work for....They can't come out and say that Aston Villa are a great club, when they are working elsewhere.

When/if We appoint SG, he then has licence to say, what he feels about us, and why he has chosen to challenge the elite with us, and by doing so risking the wrath of his beloved Liverpool.

Don't rule out a love affair too, developing with us.....many of us on here have loved more than once.....Brentford Fans accepted Dean for the man he was, despite his heart being at B6.....Mark Albrighton has given undying service to Leicester, despite being a claret & Blue and yes Brian Little was going to Blues despite his allegiance to us.

We need to grow up and smell the coffee.....We have unbelieveble owners who have been there for us financially at ever juncture, That investment could have serious consequences if we went back down, they have had to face, in my opinion a very unsavoury sacking in Dean, there are no winners in this, its always painful, when good people like Dean lose their jobs.....but now, they have to save the club from the drop and put it back on course....no guarantee's there either....but with their business acumen and nous, I trust them to get this crucial appointment right....I equally think Rangers fans will be gutted and I spare a thought for them too....but right now my only thoughts are with my club.

Dean has lost a good job and we have lost a thoroughly decent guy....my thoughts on that are, I feel absolutely sure, Dean will get another very good job......could I see him coming back, never say never.

Right now, I feel SG is right for us, but only time will confirm that.

• Like 3