The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why would he know?

Why would he know and not report it straight away as surely that’s a scoop for a reporter?

Not convinced!

If he is a reporter for The Athletic he must have a fair few connections in football. Also, if he is the Norwich reporter then he should have his ears open and be talking to contacts about managers. Like us all, I have no idea if the rumour has any truth to it but the source has more credibility than anyone on here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

Think that’s just a new manager cliche. Everyone said it when Smith took over from Bruce. Fitness is likely nothing to do with Smith - Lange would appoint the fitness trainers. They’ll know exactly how fit everyone is and it’ll be the same as every other team in the PL.

I mean it quite literally. 2nd bottom for distance covered during matches, /we arent fit enough to implement a high press, the facts show it. A new manager needs to jump all over that as it will help quite quickly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

I don’t disagree, but In fairness we missed the boat a bit with our shite off-season. We’ll be playing catch up for a while yet on that score.

totally agree, it will need to be with the ones not on int duty. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He isnt elite, has been poor at every club since City. Great international manager but not at club

One thing worth noting is that his big achievement with Italy (except winning a major tournament) was freshening up the squad with a lot of young players.  I think because of Chiellini and Bonucci many people see Italy as having an old squad but actually Mancini brought in lots of younger players (often from very "unfancied" teams) and that helped really freshen things up after the national disaster that was the previous squad.  A couple of those youngsters were injured so missed the finals but he wasn't scared of calling up players to the national team who hadn't started many / any matches for their clubs.  He certainly wasn't worried about players having ECL experience or experience at playing at the top clubs.  So he'd definitely not be shy about giving our academy stars a go if he thought they were good enough.  He also showed with Italy that he was able to get a group of decent players to unite as a team and perform at a level way above the sum of the squad's parts.  Team bonding, unity and spirit are banded around all over the place - but that Italy team had it in bucket loads.  But it is all irrelevant because there is absolutely no chance of him ending up here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

If he is a reporter for The Athletic he must have a fair few connections in football. Also, if he is the Norwich reporter then he should have his ears open and be talking to contacts about managers. Like us all, I have no idea if the rumour has any truth to it but the source has more credibility than anyone on here

He's been rumoured as being on both Villa's and Norwich's shortlists so I suppose it could just be a matter of Norwich made contact and he's found out that way. Could make sense that he's not necessarily Villa's first choice so it'd be a case of him waiting for an offer he may not get if a higher priority took the job.

Or it's all bollocks but that's the fun of these threads anyway 😃

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Unless you know all the people on here and who they speak to then that’s really a ridiculous comment - a Norwich reporter on the athletic has more credibility than anyone on a villa forum ? Really ? 

there are several people on here who I certainly would trust  and believe ahead of some 2 bit athletic reporter who covers Norwich 🤣

• Thanks 1

Just now, Eastie said:

Unless you know all the people on here and who they speak to then that’s really a ridiculous comment - a Norwich reporter on the athletic has more credibility than anyone on a villa forum ? Really ? 

there are several people on here who I certainly would trust  and believe ahead of some 2 bit athletic reporter who covers Norwich 🤣

This is also a ridiculous comment unless you know exactly who the connections the Norwich reporter has are.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Only2McInallys said:

I think Nuno is being overlooked .Incredible rise from championship to Europa league in nearby team.

Yes football wasn’t free flowing but was very effective.To me he is a safe option with premier league experience

Relegation is a real possibility this season,Newcastle will invest heavily in January and Burnley always get out of it.Then your looking around,Watford and Norwich look weak but who else?Are we going to finish above Brighton,Palace ,Wolves doesn’t look like it.

Lets not forget Remi Garde.Highly regarded but also shit for us.

I like Nuno, but it's a real worry how quickly he was supposed to have lost the Spurs dressing room. Another negative, his interviews are so dull.

24 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Apparently Michael Bailey (Norwich reporter for The Athletic) let slip Hassenhuttl is "Villa bound" before back tracking and saying "he'd go if he got offered it".

Ward Prowse in January then!