The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

7 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

First job is to somehow get this lot a damn sight fitter than we are now. Will make a huge difference to us pressing and regaining possession 

Think that’s just a new manager cliche. Everyone said it when Smith took over from Bruce. Fitness is likely nothing to do with Smith - Lange would appoint the fitness trainers. They’ll know exactly how fit everyone is and it’ll be the same as every other team in the PL.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Nuno's shit - he just had a very good squad of players. 

Relegation is not a real possibility ffs either. 

I should have added relegation a real possibility with the wrong manager.Remember we have just lost our outstanding player.How many games in the premier league have we won without him.Not many.Are you completely confident that Buendia and Bailey will adapt quickly.

Look at our defence we have the second worst defensive record in the league.

Nunos shit?So getting promoted as winners of championship in his first season is shit?They spent less money than us in the Championship.
Finishing 7th 2 years running in the premier league.Wolves have spent less than us the last 3 years.So if that’s shit I would like a bit of it.

His last season at Wolves was poor although the injury to Jimenez may have been a big factor as they didn’t really replace him.

Some of the other suggestions on here are just ridiculous.Mancini? Italy manager just before World Cup is going to join Villa?Very Improbable.

Just now, El-Reacho said:

Think that’s just a new manager cliche. Everyone said it when Smith took over from Bruce. Fitness is likely nothing to do with Smith - Lange would appoint the fitness trainers. They’ll know exactly how fit everyone is and it’ll be the same as every other team in the PL.

Agree. Fitness is isn’t the issue. It’s a mental thing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

First job is to somehow get this lot a damn sight fitter than we are now. Will make a huge difference to us pressing and regaining possession 

I don’t disagree, but In fairness we missed the boat a bit with our shite off-season. We’ll be playing catch up for a while yet on that score.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Roberto De Zerbi. 

Very intriguing shout. Not long in a pretty comfy job though. The Palermo stint aside, seems exciting. Not sure I'd like a manager who my Mrs would rather sleep with though.  

32 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I voted Favre out of those. Valverde is an interesting option too!

As for Remi Garde, he was on a hiding to nothing, absolute dog-shit team and tried to change too much, too soon. Genuinely think if he started the season with all those new Jordan's along with Adama, instead of Sherwood then it wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad. 

Did he ?

My recollection was he didn't change anything and sulked his way to compensation package.