The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I read that but the tax reason was that the tax rate in the UK was too high and he wanted Levy to cover it

Was that Favre? Ach why can’t I remember.

So what is the criteria for a positive outcome for the new manager after sacking Dean Smith?

1. Staying Up - I think we all agree that we don't believe we would have got relegated if Dean had still been in charge

2. Bottom Half

3. Top 10

What's realistic?

Favre most realistic hope.

Gallardo bringing Alvarez is a dream.

As suggested by some would happily take someone like Bo Svensson from the Mainz manager factory.

Hassenhutl wouldn't be disastrous but have doubts over him.

Valverde is an interesting shout but again probably out of our league.

Rest are pretty grim, not keen on Fonseca albeit he wouldn't be as bad as Gerrard, Lampard etc

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

That was Fonseca that had the 'tax' issues ie wanted more cash

Yes! That was him. 

Levy is such a tight arse though. They nearly lost Conte due to wages.

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Yes! That was him. 

Levy is such a tight arse though. They nearly lost Conte due to wages.

I agree, I wouldn't read anything negative into someone negotiating with Levy, I actually see it as a positive. Remember Levy offered us 3m and a pack of Toffos for Jack, he is a tight shunt

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

So what is the criteria for a positive outcome for the new manager after sacking Dean Smith?

1. Staying Up - I think we all agree that we don't believe we would have got relegated if Dean had still been in charge

2. Bottom Half

3. Top 10

What's realistic?

for me, considering where we are now, reasonable would be.....

Consolidate mid table this season(10th to 13th ish), develop a more exciting style of play throughout this season, with a proper identity, then invest well in the summer and look to push on next season.

5 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

2. Bottom Half

3. Top 10

What's realistic?

They sacked him because they want progress, so whoever comes in needs to be getting top half tbh.