The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Has he actually been linked at all in the media, or just On Here?

Not that I’ve seen mate. 

5 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

He will if he’s successful outside of the SPL. Why don’t we give Neil Lennon a shot at the job? 5 SPL titles, consistently qualified for group stages of the champions league, beat Barcelona etc… He then moved to Bolton where he got them relegated from the Championship.

On that basis, probably best we ignore Lennon.

I told my LFC fan manager today that Stevie G might be our next manager. She said "No. He's waiting to be Liverpool manager. Klopp's contract ends in 18 months". I replied "OK so he can come to Villa for 18 months then". She smiled but didn't have an answer for that. I guess she hadn't considered the possibility of a stepping stone PL club between Rangers and Liverpool.

Edited by robby b

3 minutes ago, robby b said:

I told my LFC fan manager today that Stevie G might be our next manager. She said "No. He's waiting to be Liverpool manager. Klopp's contract ends in 18 months". I replied "OK so he can come to Villa for 18 months then". She smiled but didn't have an answer for that. I guess she hadn't considered the possibility of a stepping stone PL club between Rangers and Liverpool.

Tell her she’s wrong on Klopps contract too 

• Like 1

This all feels like the vote to remain or leave. Where the majority were banging on about leaving despite not having a clue what they were voting for. Now we've sacked Smith and have no idea what the alternative is. 

Whoever it is we'll all get behind but plenty are sad about losing Smith. Not so much because of the recent form as that's hard to defend (ironically), more so because Smith built the bridges between the fans and our club again and got the positivity back. That in itself is a huge task for the next manager.

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, roonst83 said:

This all feels like the vote to remain or leave. Where the majority were banging on about leaving despite not having a clue what they were voting for. Now we've sacked Smith and have no idea what the alternative is. 

Whoever it is we'll all get behind but plenty are sad about losing Smith. Not so much because of the recent form as that's hard to defend (ironically), more so because Smith built the bridges between the fans and our club again and got the positivity back. That in itself is a he task for the next manager.

I am sad he left but it was probably a natural step. Replacing with Gerrard is 2 steps backwards. 

Disappointed if the board dont have a new manager in place by the weekend shows a lack of planning 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

If I've learned anything from the 110 pages of this thread that have developed since yesterday's news, it's that I haven't learned anything from the 110 pages of this thread that have developed since yesterday's news.

It's been quite therapeutic though.

But you have learned that you haven't learned anything, so that means you learned something, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. Everyday is a new learning opportunity and u have nailed it today :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Martin O'Neill did alright though.

He’d already proven himself with Leicester though. He was being tipped as a potential successor to Ferguson in the really 2000s. If anything his stock fell staying so long Scotland.