The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Do people think playing experience as a captain in the Premier League ala Gerrard counts for something. I worry if we get him his lack of experience would be an issue and the fact there is no real competition up in Scotland. He may be able to attract a higher level of player to Villa given his name. 

It's a tough one, I still think having thought about this Hassenhuttl is the best option. I think NSWE know Gerrard would take the job at VP but maybe there's a chance Hassenhuttl can't be signed so we've got either or. 

I can't see it being anyone other than those two. Potter is doing well but it's maybe a little flavour of the month with him right now. I'd take Hassenhuttl as he has more experience and he fits our squad well.

I've really come around to being excited with Hassenhuttl taking over even though Gerrard is fav. 

He doesnt really excite but maybe that doesn't matter. His high press and winning the ball back quickly method of playing is what we want. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We all remember how that turned out

Indeed. Winning the league back to back with Lambo at the helm was thrilling and so fun to watch. Who expected that kind of success to soon? 

#AlternativeRealityMemories

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Is this for real?

Paddy Power Odds:

John Terry: 1/1
Paulo Fonseca: 7/2
Frank Lampard: 5/1
Steven Gerrard: 12/1
Nuno: 14/1
Lucien Fabre: 16/1
Scott Parker: 16/1

Graham Potter: 20/1

Predictable

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Would Gerrard even want the Villa job? He’s got an easy gig in Scotland and can continue doing it for years until Klopp leaves. 

I’m not sure he could go straight from Ibrox to Anfield. He needs a stepping stone, which will annoy Villa fans. But he has to be good or he blows his chance of his dream. Perhaps it’s good for him and good for us too if he’s successful over two or three years at Villa Park?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Is this for real?

Paddy Power Odds:

John Terry: 1/1
Paulo Fonseca: 7/2
Frank Lampard: 5/1
Steven Gerrard: 12/1
Nuno: 14/1
Lucien Fabre: 16/1
Scott Parker: 16/1

Graham Potter: 20/1