Christmas 2021

sidcow

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

As for Ladbaby, I was made to watch 30 seconds of his hilarious video once, I think it was the one where he very cleverly swapped the words ‘rock n’ roll’ for ‘sausage roll’. 

This particularly annoyed me, as for many years my standard tiresome joke at buffets was to sing "Crisps and nuts and sausage rolls" to the tune of Ian Dury's "Sex and drugs and rock'n'roll". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Aren’t all of the songs using sausage roll?

And Sheeran is a total word removed. A mate wrote a whole diatribe on it when we play Zoom 101, which I can share if I get a copy, but long and short of it is what a total whopper. Things like releasing a song (not a cover, thankfully) called “Galway Girl” when there’s already knowingly a song of the same title but you want your load of bollocks to become the dominant variant. clearing in the woods.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Wrapped the presents yesterday as I am on the bench from work this week. Realised I have bought my wife what amounts to **** all. Today I am going to see what Stafford has to offer up to a woman that likes Monty Don and Dogs. May go for perfume. 

Monty Don released a book about his dogs earlier this year. 

Sounds perfect. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Aren’t all of the songs using sausage roll?

And Sheeran is a total word removed. A mate wrote a whole diatribe on it when we play Zoom 101, which I can share if I get a copy, but long and short of it is what a total whopper. Things like releasing a song (not a cover, thankfully) called “Galway Girl” when there’s already knowingly a song of the same title but you want your load of bollocks to become the dominant variant. clearing in the woods.

The Omicron of the music industry.

• Like 1

What’s everyone’s plans for Christmas dinner this year? Spending it at home? Seeing family? Anyone going out for it?

I’ve never been out for Christmas dinner but we are this year for a change. Except there will be no turkey, we’re going for a Christmas Day curry. I’m really looking forward to doing something different, and we’ll have the traditional Christmas dinner at my house for all the family on Boxing Day. Assuming covid doesn’t scupper the plans it should be a nice change. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

What’s everyone’s plans for Christmas dinner this year? Spending it at home? Seeing family? Anyone going out for it?

I’ve never been out for Christmas dinner but we are this year for a change. Except there will be no turkey, we’re going for a Christmas Day curry. I’m really looking forward to doing something different, and we’ll have the traditional Christmas dinner at my house for all the family on Boxing Day. Assuming covid doesn’t scupper the plans it should be a nice change. 

spacer.png

52 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Taking my girlfriend to big bells and whistles, all the sides Xmas dinner with the family, my folks love her so she’s looking forward to at least getting SOME family stuff this Xmas after the drama she is having getting kicked out.

I’m helping my mum with the Ham even though I don’t eat meat any more so I’m hoping I remember what I’m doing, I wanted to do all the veg but she’d rather have help with the meat 😅

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Dinner at home and the dreaded turkey dinner again . Mother in law is coming for dinner. We keep saying we will eat out one year, but never do . Would like to try it one year . I like your idea of going for a curry .

• Like 1

I've got German Xmas so it's the 24th for me, crazy thing is that the 24th is a relatively normal day, the wife works until 1pm then in the car to the in laws where they change up the food every year 

This year the wife cooks for them, chicken in cream with artichokes, peppers, spinach and then a crispy rosti on the bottom stack it in a tower, presents are opened after the meal (they seriously teach their kids that santa sneaks in during the meal...) 

25th I think brothers in law come round for brunch which will no doubt be bread rolls, salami and cheese, hopefully her hunter brother will bring round some wild boar, on the night its goulash which I properly love so I'm happy with that 

26th we go to a restaurant which is usually very good and last time I had pork in bearnaise sauce with croquettes so I'm hoping that's made their Xmas menu, trying because of it being in a tiny village to get in the pub to watch the villa with the father in law because he has a spare key... But rona says we're not supposed to 

There's no tradition to any of it, every year is different food and kind of made up, maybe her mom will go to church on the 24th but even that's stopped being an every year thing, I was trying to do a full English breakfast on the 25th but brexit has put a stop to that and my recent adventure with haggis in a tin means I can't do that to them 😂

Got the English Sunday roast on new year's eve but with duck because I don't like turkey, new years day will be left over duck hoi sin pancakes which I'm definitley looking forward to... And then it's all over 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

hosting for the first time, just the in laws coming round. this is my first xmas in 20 years when i've not had to leave the house on xmas day and cannot bloody wait

christmas curry sounds brilliant though!

• Like 1