Christmas 2021

sidcow

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Laying the groundwork early. Grandson was talking about milk and biscuits being put out for Santa. Told him I have it on good authority that Santa likes whiskey. 

Was a pint of beer in my house. A large sherry when I was a kid.

He's not choosy.

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Great video.

I work in Centenary Square, so have seen everything go up over recent weeks. Wasn't there last week and maybe not there this week (got a common cold) but looking forward to getting back there and having a few post work pints. 

• Like 1

Just now, dubbs said:

But surely santa is in charge of the sleigh?

I have it documented that Rudolph drove the sleigh. Santa may have been in charge but responsibility in the end falls upon the driver, who consumed nothing but carrots. 

• Haha 1

When do people usually put their lights up? We'd usually put them up about mid-December (12th to 16th), but have done a week or two earlier last few years due to covid and our son. Three of our neighbours put there's up this weekend which seems crazy early to me, Christmas is still over a month away. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Nothing more controversial than lights going up when other people deem it too early. Ours could have gone up this weekend but I was busy so it's next weekend. 

Nothing controversial as people are free to do what they want. I'm just curious what the norm is as having moved house this year they seem to go up a lot earlier than where we used to live. 

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Nothing more controversial than lights going up when other people deem it too early. Ours could have gone up this weekend but I was busy so it's next weekend. 

next weekend is the 1st sunday of advent so its the right time

or so im told...

11 hours ago, dubbs said:

I have a question.  If santa drinks the whiskey we leave out for him,  whys he never been done for drink driving?

The same reason he can get into our house without a chimney, “magic”.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

next weekend is the 1st sunday of advent so its the right time

or so im told...

Don't be told what to do by a bunch of holiday stealing cultists. It's not their holiday and never was

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Don't be told what to do by a bunch of holiday stealing cultists. It's not their holiday and never was

that cultist is my wife and im not going to argue with her...especially seeing as i've just about convinced her part of advent includes a night out on the piss down the market

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Nothing controversial as people are free to do what they want. I'm just curious what the norm is as having moved house this year they seem to go up a lot earlier than where we used to live. 

In hindsight that looks like it's reference to you, it wasn't. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

that cultist is my wife and im not going to argue with her...especially seeing as i've just about convinced her part of advent includes a night out on the piss down the market

You did build in an automatic DHUTWU into that claus? Santa's orders!

• Haha 2