Match Thread: Southampton v Villa

limpid

4 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Something behind the scenes has gone horribly wrong, terry and rok leaving are part of the problem 

Usually, I wouldn't even care what. Not here. Things have unraveled so fast, and I've only ever been in the DS IN camp, so I'd love to know... What on earth has so obviously happened behind the scenes for the players to down tools like this??

• Like 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

1 minute ago, Bazmonkey said:

Apart from the hoof from ward prowse there's nothing freak about that the goal.

Maybe if our players moved...gambled on 2nd balls and had a bit of quality they would score a few freak goals.

Armstrong made that goal work for him.

It hit Cash's arse and fell straight to him. How's that not freak??????? 

45mIns for the players to turn this around for DS. Otherwise I think he'll be out the door. 

Surely neither AEG or Bailey come out for the second half. Both have been truly dreadful. Give JBP and Ramsey a chance. Push Buendia wide. 

That was horrific. 

Could make so many changes, but where to start...

1) El Ghazi - lucky to be on the pitch, get him dragged before he does anything else stupid.

2) Bailey - been absolutely shocking, as he was against WHU. Doesnt look fit.

You could bring a fair few others off, but I'd save one sub just in case.

2nd half

Martinez

Tuanzebe Hause Mings

Cash     Nakamba  McGinn   Targett

Buendia 

Watkins      Davis

Hoooooooooof 

Don't want to play 3 at back 

Or 

Martinez

Cash    Tuanzebe   Mings      Targett 

Buendia         Nakamba            JPG 

Ramsey        McGinn

Watkins 

Neither side will win us it unless we get our heads from up our a*se.

Or put Watkins for Bailey, Davis up top.

And JPG for AEG.

Let's just pray 🙏 

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

The owners know Smith wanted a 6, they tried to sign 3 different ones, surely they can see we're missing precisely that over a series of games. 

Freak goal, Smith put the right shape out, they've shat themselves and no-one wants the ball. 

If Smith gets sacked before the chance to fix things in Jan it's criminal

I want to back you up, but Deans continual refusal to change things is making that impossible. Just for starters try moving Buendia to the position he played at Norwich, and Bailey out on the left. Try it. But he won't and that is making it really hard to back him. 

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Am I watching a different game from everyone else?  This doesn't look like a team that isn't playing for the manager...  They're all busting a gut pressing, trying to do something.  They're playing like a team with no self confidence at all.  Poor touches, poor short passes, misjudging how much time they have on the ball, etc.  They're a team which needs a goal to get them some belief back in them again.

Take El Ghazi off and put JPB on.  We also need to take one of Bailey/Buendia off and bring on AAron to bring some youthful energy/fearlessness to try to get something going.  

Nah I see it the same way. They just look lost from a confidence standpoint.

Terrible start and terrible 45 mins. 

Buendia and Bailey look awful buys

Ings has given us a problem rather than providing a solution. Watkins looks ordinary

We look incredibly low on confidence 

I’m a fan of Smith but he needs to turn this around if his time is not to be up

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Am I watching a different game from everyone else?  This doesn't look like a team that isn't playing for the manager...  They're all busting a gut pressing, trying to do something.  They're playing like a team with no self confidence at all.  Poor touches, poor short passes, misjudging how much time they have on the ball, etc.  They're a team which needs a goal to get them some belief back in them again.

Take El Ghazi off and put JPB on.  We also need to take one of Bailey/Buendia off and bring on AAron to bring some youthful energy/fearlessness to try to get something going.  

I don't think they're not playing for DS tbf. But it really is looking like a team that doesn't know what they're supposed to be doing and also completely shot on confidence as you say. A goal is so frickin crucial right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan501 said:

I never wanted to see him again for that bottle job bailout header against Everton awful awful footballer.

I'm normally a big fan of AEG but that really was unprofessional, blatantly diving when already on a yellow. So lucky he didn't  get a second yellow for it and reducing us to ten for more than half the game! Wtf!?

• Like 1