Josh Cavallo

The_Steve

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I never ever thought, or made it about me, that's a narrative you guys must be playing for me.

Good for him, if he felt that's what he needed to do. But I'm not sure why I should care about some one else's sexuality, although in reality it's probably because I do accept it and it's nothing special to me.

Would you rather me shout from the hilltops :another ****** gay in sport".

It don't bother me, it's not a issue for me, an it's certainly not about me. I'm just not sure, if your circle knows your gay, why you would feel the need to go to the media, cause in reality, not everyone is interested in peoples sexual preference, it's personal just like it would be to a heterosexual.

Again..

We know you don't care, we know you don't mind him being gay. That's good.

I wouldn't recommend shouting that on a hill, that's bad.

Why do you keep involving yourself in this piece of news? 

It's fair enough for you to share an opinion on the news, but why keep repeating yourself and saying the same thing? It makes you look simple :lol:

As I said 3 posts ago, the only thing we all need to do, is stop talking about it, then it's job done, do you get it?

No-one here cares he's gay, but you keep asking why he's come out in the media :lol: 

Honestly, you've been given the answers, you just have to show enough cognitive aptitude to realise it. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

You don't need to care personally, but you need to care/acknowledge how big this is.

Why? 

It's 2022, it's not big and it's not rare, an it'll be forgotten in a couple of weeks.

Why do you always need to be at the front of the protest. You have your views, that's fab, but it don't mean we all have to agree with you.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Why? 

It's 2022, it's not big and it's not rare, an it'll be forgotten in a couple of weeks.

Why do you always need to be at the front of the protest. You have your views, that's fab, but it don't mean we all have to agree with you.

What don't you agree with?! :lol:

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

To be fair I doubt anyone would have guessed you’d feel this way

KzC.gif

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Could have guessed who'd be 'controversial' in this thread. 

As someone else said, some really archaic thinking by some. And they might not realise it, but they're part of the problem. They're part of the reason marches need to take place and footballers need to make statements. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think you have to care. It's just very odd to come into a thread about something you don't care about and keep telling us you don't care.

I was just backing up my opinion, as the 2 quotes above were not answers.

I didn't read the rules that if you didn't care about a thread you couldn't comment sorry.

28 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Why? 

Well it is. As @Stevo985pointed out, this doesn't happen in the world of professional football. 

There's a variety of reasons for this and people like this kid will hopefully make it so that in the future, it will be no big deal and not rare. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I didn't read the rules that if you didn't care about a thread you couldn't comment sorry.

Why waste your time if you don't care?

You made the effort to try and play it down as though it doesn't matter.

I think you do care. And you don't like it for some reason? Please say why and add to the debate.

He has shown strength and courage, I'm concerned he's very young but it sounds like he has a lot of support, sadly I feel he will need it.

Can you imagine the impact this will have on others struggling with their sexuality and the shame/ torment/ anxiety they may be suffering with because of who they are. They can see someone gay in a profession not known for tolerance in certain sections, being proud of who they are and happy to let people know. Hopefully the attention this will bring will help empower others too. 

Coming out has meant Jake doesn't have to sneak around, hide, face awkward questions and ultimately live a lie. That sounds so stressful.

He can be himself, isn't that what we all want? 

Also to add to the "why is he doing this?", you can go to places like Reddit or even just google the attitudes of people when gay people come out to them.

We live in a modern-ish world, there's still a large part of society that don't like "this kind of thing", which is old fashioned and very limiting to the people of those communities.

Imagine having something to tell someone you love, but can't because you'd fear they'd think less of you, or worse, not want to see you again and maybe even hate you for it?  That's what some gay people face the choice of.  So, to this footballer, he's decided to address that.

All you have to say, is fair play and carry on with your life.

Edited by lapal_fan

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Why waste your time if you don't care?

You made the effort to try and play it down as though it doesn't matter.

I think you do care. And you don't like it for some reason? Please say why and add to the debate.

I could act that way if it helps you try and justify my opinion of it.

If anything I'm adding debate, that's good yeah?  Certainly doesn't mean I don't accept it, or have a problem with it, just because I don't agree with the way you or others feel about it.

1 hour ago, chrisvilla4 said:

He has shown strength and courage, I'm concerned he's very young but it sounds like he has a lot of support, sadly I feel he will need it.

Can you imagine the impact this will have on others struggling with their sexuality and the shame/ torment/ anxiety they may be suffering with because of who they are. They can see someone gay in a profession not known for tolerance in certain sections, being proud of who they are and happy to let people know. Hopefully the attention this will bring will help empower others too. 

Coming out has meant Jake doesn't have to sneak around, hide, face awkward questions and ultimately live a lie. That sounds so stressful.

He can be himself, isn't that what we all want? 

Bit idealstic. It'll still happen and no doubt he may get some stick from opposition fans. He maybe only living a lie to people out his circle, an who cares about that.

Look, if he felt the need to come out to the media that's fine, some don't, an not because of stress and living a lie, they may just feel it's personal to them, like any relationship.

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Why? 

What are you not agreeing with in this?

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What are you not agreeing with in this?

Just not agreeing how big it is. It's almost forgot about already, cause most don't really care.

Fair play him "coming out", especially if he felt the need to tell the media about his sexuality. 

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Just not agreeing how big it is. It's almost forgot about already, cause most don't really care.

Fair play him "coming out", especially if he felt the need to tell the media about his sexuality. 

Do you not think it's sad that people don't care?  It's such a massive thing for a professional footballer to do (whilst I agree with the sentiment that it shouldn't be).  For it to be shrugged off feels so wrong.  It should be completely embraced.

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Within the football world it is MASSIVE and will hopefully pave the way for many other players to do the same. Hopefully, in years to come it will be normalised (as it should be) but for now, it's an very, very important step.

It is not a case of 'I don't care if he's gay - I don't see what the big deal is' - that is spectacularly missing the point of his statement.

I don't see why you can't (or won't) understand this.

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

It's 2022, it's not big and it's not rare,

I mean, it literally is. The 3rd documented pro footballer to come out in 30+ years.

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm not sure what you getting at? Do you want people to raise the banner and support him coming out. You seem more than capable of doing that all yourself anyway.

Do we really need to make it a big deal? I don't care about your sexuality, if your gay or not, why do I need to care about his, cause he's a footballer at Blackpool. Aint gonna make any difference to anyone pal.

With all due respect, nobody gives a **** whether you give a ****

Like I said previously, it's really simple. This shouldn't be a big deal, but it is. And it needs to be a big deal until it stops being a big deal.

When the first black player played for England, it was a big deal. It shouldn't have been, but it was. And now it isn't, because things have moved on.

The same needs to happen with gay players.

If you can't see why having almost no gay players in the history of the game makes this a big deal then there's no helping you

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I mean, it literally is. The 3rd documented pro footballer to come out in 30+ years.

Probably ever, can't imagine that there were too many openly gay footballers before Fashanu either.

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

it's not big and it's not rare

he's the SECOND professional footballer to EVER come out as gay in the UK. The first one being 30+ years ago.

Are you seriously saying this isn't rare? :D 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

he's the SECOND professional footballer to EVER come out as gay in the UK. The first one being 30+ years ago.

Are you seriously saying this isn't rare? :D 

Such an odd hill to die on.

• Like 1

Â