Josh Cavallo

The_Steve

It's not about what goes on in the bedroom. Being gay isn't just about sex. it's your life, partner, family, everything.

Look at all of the stories about WAGS etc. It's not just because they're banging.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's not about what goes on in the bedroom. Being gay isn't just about sex. it's your life, partner, family, everything.

Exactly. Being gay isn't some weird kink you should be ashamed of

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Last part of my rant. It’s also important to stop connecting gay relationships as something sexual. It’s love. It’s no different to me loving my partner. Part of that love is sex, but far too often people seen gay relationships as something sexual or a perverted (and maybe this stems from the old-style attitudes - things we’d hear from the older generations (not all!), but two women having sex, two men having sex, it’s not a perversion, it’s love. 

you married yet? wont last

interestingly (maybe not) i've watched the john wayne gacy tapes on netflix last week, its late 70s, true stories, a guy raping and killing other men but its a mixture of young homosexual guys being too scared to report rape and attempted murder to the police because they would out themselves, a man beating up another gay man during sex being "just what they do" as part of the perversion and the belief from the police that a man cant rape another man because he couldn't overpower him like he could a woman, the families of the missing men didn't report it because they were gay and had effectively disowned them, its scary stuff

Spoiler

he killed 33 men, at the time the most murders by a serial killer in the states

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Me too. I also know some black folk too.

maybe they should just keep their race to themselves, rather than feeling the need to tell the world that they're black

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's exposure, isn't it? Nobody notices the international fans that watch the games, have reasonable opinions, and mind their own business.

When there's controversial news like this though, it's hard not to take note of the amount of condemnation from areas of the world that don't necessarily embrace liberal western values. It's the same shit every time there a rainbow laces even or something. 

This is not aimed at you mate, but I don't know why it's always people from the global South catch that catch the eye in these conversations. Read the replies to the tweet posted further back, or the one under the Newcastle tweet. It's almost all white British blokes. What's their excuse given they have liberal western values? 

Or the huge uproar in the States when a Disney exec said something about including more LGBT characters or something to that effect leading to a Disney+ cancellation campaign. Or the incessant campaign against the trans community that seems hellbent on painting them as pedophiles? The very existence of these people seems to be an affront to like half the people there but no let's focus on the middle east. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

maybe they should just keep their race to themselves, rather than feeling the need to tell the world that they're black

Weird!

Yet again, why feel the need to tell people your black?? Is it just in case someone don't notice.

There's a few people thinking my views on certain things are a bit far out. It's because I don't care. I care not this random Blackpool player is gay and "come out". I don't care people want to be neither a boy or girl, I just don't get involved, I just get on with my life and treat people how I would want to be treated. If other people want to support them, like it's still a thing, that's fine too, but that's not me.

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Weird!

Yet again, why feel the need to tell people your black?? Is it just in case someone don't notice

was being facetious in response to a few that indicated he should keep it to himself...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Weird!

Yet again, why feel the need to tell people your black?? Is it just in case someone don't notice.

There's a few people thinking my views on certain things are a bit far out. It's because I don't care. I care not this random Blackpool player is gay and "come out". I don't care people want to be neither a boy or girl, I just don't get involved, I just get on with my life and treat people how I would want to be treated. If other people want to support them, like it's still a thing, that's fine too, but that's not me.

To be fair I doubt anyone would have guessed you’d feel this way

KzC.gif

• Haha 1

Could have guessed who'd be 'controversial' in this thread. 

As someone else said, some really archaic thinking by some. And they might not realise it, but they're part of the problem. They're part of the reason marches need to take place and footballers need to make statements. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

To be fair I doubt anyone would have guessed you’d feel this way

KzC.gif

I'm not sure what you getting at? Do you want people to raise the banner and support him coming out. You seem more than capable of doing that all yourself anyway.

Do we really need to make it a big deal? I don't care about your sexuality, if your gay or not, why do I need to care about his, cause he's a footballer at Blackpool. Aint gonna make any difference to anyone pal.

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Could have guessed who'd be 'controversial' in this thread. 

As someone else said, some really archaic thinking by some. And they might not realise it, but they're part of the problem. They're part of the reason marches need to take place and footballers need to make statements. 

Why, cause I don't care if he is gay or not. Do I need to care??

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Why, cause I don't care if he is gay or not. Do I need to care??

You don't need to care personally, but you need to care/acknowledge how big this is.

• Like 1

I never ever thought, or made it about me, that's a narrative you guys must be playing for me.

Good for him, if he felt that's what he needed to do. But I'm not sure why I should care about some one else's sexuality, although in reality it's probably because I do accept it and it's nothing special to me.

Would you rather me shout from the hilltops :another ****** gay in sport".

It don't bother me, it's not a issue for me, an it's certainly not about me. I'm just not sure, if your circle knows your gay, why you would feel the need to go to the media, cause in reality, not everyone is interested in peoples sexual preference, it's personal just like it would be to a heterosexual.

• Like 1

Â