Josh Cavallo

The_Steve

In Sydney every year they have a "Gay Mardi gra".I know,lets have an annual cross dresser mardi gra and a carnival thats only for vegetarians.How about a relegious mardi gra or one for people who like peanut butter sandwiches.FFS,what is done in the bedroom,should stay in the bedroom.

• Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Understood, but let's be honest, the difference between society then, and now, is incomparable.

That's why I've said, it's probably why some people like myself, IGNORANTLY i'll admit, based on responses, haven't understood why it's even  a " thing " in 2022.

Obviously appreciate the enlightenment though.

It shouldn't be a thing. But the fact that nobody does it means it absolutely NEEDS to be a thing. Until it is no longer a thing.

It shouldn't have been a thing when black players started playing in england, or for England. But it was. They shouldn't have got abuse. But they did.
Now it isn't a thing because that's all been rightly stamped out of the game (on the most part, some work to be done of course)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

In Sydney every year they have a "Gay Mardi gra".I know,lets have an annual cross dresser mardi gra and a carnival thats only for vegetarians.How about a relegious mardi gra or one for people who like peanut butter sandwiches.FFS,what is done in the bedroom,should stay in the bedroom.

What in the actual **** are you on about

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Honestly mate I'm not even going to reply. Just bow out of this one before you dig your hole any further. 

I am not against gays.I actually know 2 really great gay people but neither of them feel they have to tell the world that they are gay. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

What in the actual **** are you on about

Im on about people telling the world what their preferences are,maybe,just maybe a lot of people dont care what their preferences are ( sexual or otherwise )

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

I am not against gays.I actually know 2 really great gay people but neither of them feel they have to tell the world that they are gay. 

Oh you actually know two great gay people?

Wow, good for you. Amazing that they are great people while still being gay. You must be one of the lucky ones.

Anyway, why have they even bothered telling you they were gay? They should have kept it in the bedroom like you said before? You know just like I don't tell anyone I like to masturbate while I sit in a bath of piss wearing my granny's panties on my head. it's all definitely the same thing

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I personally cant see the need to tell the world what your sexual preferences are.I mean you dont hear people comming out and saying "im a cross dresser" or "I like to wear womens underwear" or that they like to be spanked/whipped.So,why do they feel the need to tell everyone that they are gay ?!

Because there are homophobic people in the world.

Meanwhile, a young male footballer may be out holding hands with another male in public, as is both their want and their right. However, this public display of affection might be noticed by some who feel the need to either call it out in the moment or take a picture or record it in some way, post it online and suddenly the footballer (and his partner) will be on the receiving end of homophobic abuse from homophobic people.

I’m not gay, but if I was, I doubt I would want to be “outed” in that manner. Jake Daniels has taken the decision that he doesn’t want to keep his sexual orientation a secret, so he can live openly as a gay man. He is attempting to take the sting out of the situation. There shouldn’t be a sting in the first place, but sadly that’s not the world we live in.

As for your BDSM comparison, typically the practice of that happens behind closed doors, in private. You don’t find many examples where people have similarly demonstrated their sexual preference, physically, in a public setting (like whipping their partner, but in a restaurant for instance) and faced whatever the equivalent of homophobia is for BDSM.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

I remember a job I had a few years back (just part time so I could get free tickets), my friend, a gay man, had somebody say to him “I don’t want to he served by a gay, can you find somebody else”

Never have I ever had somebody refuse to be served by me because I’m straight. 

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Im on about people telling the world what their preferences are,maybe,just maybe a lot of people dont care what their preferences are ( sexual or otherwise )

If he felt the need to announce it, and it became headline news, it definitely says more about the state of the world of football, than it does about Jake.

If anyone honestly thinks he could just start dating another man, and not receive ridicule and questions for it from his teammates, his teams fans, and opposition fans you are mistaken.  Having announced it the way he has, gives him a chance that enough people will protect him and call out those that choose to belittle him. It normalises it that little bit more.

One day in the world of football, it won't need announcing. That day is not yet.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

I do like these kind of debates on VT. All the throbbers always out (for want of a better term in this thread) themselves without even being pushed at all. Makes it easier whose opinions to completely disregard so thanks for that lol. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

And why do people hate to “come out” when famous in the way they do, like this footballer? Cos if they don’t, the newspapers will have an exclusive all about It one day. So it’s great he has come out and taken that power away from those who would love to make than any exclusive news story (likely with a smear).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I dont think you have a clue about this situation at all

• Like 3

I’ve taken part in many pride events alongside friends. It’s so important that we all stand up for those who are marginalised. We live in the 21st century but there are people with 17th century views and because of that I’ll always stand up and support those who need it. Let’s just love each other x 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

And why do people hate to “come out” when famous in the way they do, like this footballer? Cos if they don’t, the newspapers will have an exclusive all about It one day. So it’s great he has come out and taken that power away from those who would love to make than any exclusive news story (likely with a smear).

Yep has actually been a ridiculous rumour online about 2 of our players last season being caught at the training ground together and keeps popping up every few months. Even if it is true its not something that should be speculated

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It shouldn't be a thing. But the fact that nobody does it means it absolutely NEEDS to be a thing. Until it is no longer a thing.

This is the key line right here. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dodgyknees said:

I’ve taken part in many pride events alongside friends. It’s so important that we all stand up for those who are marginalised. We live in the 21st century but there are people with 17th century views and because of that I’ll always stand up and support those who need it. Let’s just love each other x 

Sure its similar posters who have made comments about the taking the knee. Maybe being gay is also another form of Marxism :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Last part of my rant. It’s also important to stop connecting gay relationships as something sexual. It’s love. It’s no different to me loving my partner. Part of that love is sex, but far too often people seen gay relationships as something sexual or a perverted (and maybe this stems from the old-style attitudes - things we’d hear from the older generations (not all!), but two women having sex, two men having sex, it’s not a perversion, it’s love. 

• Like 2

Â