Energy Bills

Genie

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Guess we're charging more tax on ours to pay for the roads.........When you compare France to us it begs the question on whats going on , similar sized economies yet every part of their infrastructure seems to be an improvement on ours, especially the roads. 

Would love to see a Michael Moore type documentary comparing both countries, public services, tax revenues and infrastructure, just to see where they are cutting the corners or why are we getting less value for our taxes.  

At a guess, and very simply, it's probably that they pay more tax.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Trying to sort my direct debit amount out. Looks like British Gas have turned off their chat feature on the app, for whatever reason. Found it quite useful in the past but will have to ring instead.

Try and “chat” them through the website browser rather than the app. I found it worked better.

Edit: Just checked and the button is live for me

6-BEFD471-A174-40-DD-9-F25-99-EA14486693

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

https://news.sky.com/story/asda-cuts-petrol-and-diesel-prices-to-help-motorists-save-money-12661418

Asda cuts petrol and diesel prices to 'help motorists save money'

The move comes amid record fuel prices which have caused protests, with some motorists unable to afford fuel to get to work.

Britain's third-largest supermarket, Asda, has said that it has cut the price of petrol and diesel for its customers.

In an announcement, Asda said it has cut the price of unleaded by 5p per litre and diesel by 3p to help motorists save money when filling up their tanks.

This means drivers will pay on average £1.74 for a litre of unleaded and £1.85 for diesel when filling up at Asda's 323 petrol stations across the UK.

The reduction means the supermarket has reduced its fuel prices by 9p a litre for unleaded and 7p for diesel since the start of the week.

It comes amid record fuel prices which have caused nationwide protests, as people across the country battle to financially stay afloat, with some motorists unable to afford fuel to get to work.

AA fuel price spokesman Luke Bosdet said: "Asda's price move is impressive, in effect cutting 10p a litre off the UK average price of petrol. That's potentially a fiver off a tank for those filling up this weekend, compared to the artificially-high prices on too many major retailer forecourts and in too many towns."

The latest UK pump price averages have petrol at 184.50p a litre, as of Wednesday.

RAC fuel spokesman Simon Williams said: "This is great news for drivers as it will certainly encourage other retailers around the country to cut their prices."

However, he described the move as coming "too late" for motorists who have not seen prices reduced at the pumps despite the wholesale price of petrol falling for the past seven weeks.

Alongside other supermarket groups like Morrisons, Asda has also introduced measures to keep the cost of essential items low until the end of the year, to help shoppers through the cost of living crisis.

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Try and “chat” them through the website browser rather than the app. I found it worked better.

Edit: Just checked and the button is live for me

6-BEFD471-A174-40-DD-9-F25-99-EA14486693

Cheers, just trying website now and waiting for advisor. App just said now advisors available. As I write I'm in and 147 in queue. As the app isn't live chat as such I guess they are focusing on the live chat on the website.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Cheers, just trying website now and waiting for advisor. App just said now advisors available. As I write I'm in and 147 in queue. As the app isn't live chat as such I guess they are focusing on the live chat on the website.

It’ll go down pretty quick in my experience. 

That was easy enough to change direct debit. They did say that would put us with about £280 debit on the account after 12 months. With my calcualtion that won't be the case but that would be swallowed up with the £400 assistance with some extra going forward. 

I may have even overestimated how much we should pay especially if there is any further assistance arranged but also don't want to be left with a bill to pay. So will see in 6 months time. So going from £130 to £240 a month instead of £300. Hardly great but a bit better.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bickster said:

That's what road tax is supposedly for

I know , but their roads are far better than ours , drove for hours on roads , that aren't toll and they are unbelievable smooth. They must have twice as many as us as well being a far bigger country. 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

I know , but their roads are far better than ours , drove for hours on roads , that aren't toll and they are unbelievable smooth. They must have twice as many as us as well being a far bigger country. 

I'll wager you didn't see anywhere near the amount or large articulated Lorries. I think that is very noticeable in France

French supermarkets don't really do Central Hub Distribution, produce is sourced more locally and it seems to make a hell of a difference to the roads

3 hours ago, bickster said:

I'll wager you didn't see anywhere near the amount or large articulated Lorries. I think that is very noticeable in France

French supermarkets don't really do Central Hub Distribution, produce is sourced more locally and it seems to make a hell of a difference to the roads

I didn't, more 7.5tn than the UK but not a great deal of traffic at all tbh. 

Just filled up at Sainsburys. 171. 4 v 174.4 at Shell and 175.4 at BP for unleaded, all right next to each other.  Can't remember the last time the BP was more than the Shell mind though it amazes me how either have any custom when Sainsburys is always cheaper than either. 

Resident thick bastard on my fb feed campaigning for everyone to cancel their energy bill DD’s. It seems like Brexit, Corona Virus and vaccines he’s still getting his (fake) news from social media.

This is what is doing the rounds.

FAF84803-F011-4-DD0-87-E6-D55215-F2-D02-

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Resident thick bastard on my fb feed campaigning for everyone to cancel their energy bill DD’s. It seems like Brexit, Corona Virus and vaccines he’s still getting his (fake) news from social media.

Bet they also took their own pen to the voting booth for the EU referendum. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

The next thing will be a request from a rich Nigerian Prince of Arabia who has overpaid his energy bill, but can't get at it as it is locked in his MEB account and he needs you, <%INSERT_USERNAME_HERE%> to unlock it, for this very small bit of help he'll give to you half of his fortune, half a tank of unleaded. Please send your bank details in reply, ASAP. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Genie said:

The Comic Sans is a nice touch

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Genie said:

If they write IN CAPITALS it is MORE IMPORTANT

On 02/08/2022 at 13:56, tinker said:

They also don’t have dumb dumbs who haven’t got a clue how to lay and surface roads building their roads using the cheapest materials known to man as the local council went for the lowest bidder to line their own corrupt pockets. 

Edited by Ingram85

8 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

They also don’t have dumb dumbs who haven’t got a clue how to lay and surface roads building their roads using the cheapest materials known to man as the local council went for the lowest bidder to line their own corrupt pockets. 

dffb4507e7e0dd656c0e2c11f882aacf49efc49e

Â