January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

But Tammy isn't good enough for Villa. We can do better than Tammy and he wouldn't get a game ahead of Ings or Ollie

Tammy is good enough for Villa.

A front three of Ings, Tammy and Ollie…..bloody awesome 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

If the people at Villa believed that then surely we would have bought him this summer

How do you know they didn’t try before getting Ings? It wouldn’t be a wild theory to suggest we tried for Tammy given his age and profile fitted us but didn’t work out but then we went for a 29 year old which doesn’t fit our transfer policy which you have been actually talking about in the last few pages.  I’m delighted with Ings, it doesn’t mean we didn’t try for Tammy before that and it didn’t happen.

Just now, nick76 said:

How do you know they didn’t try before getting Ings? It wouldn’t be a wild theory to suggest we tried for Tammy given his age and profile fitted us but didn’t work out but then we went for a 29 year old which doesn’t fit our transfer policy which you have been actually talking about in the last few pages.  I’m delighted with Ings, it doesn’t mean we didn’t try for Tammy before that and it didn’t happen.

If we tried to get him why didn't we succeed? I can't believe we couldn't have spent the few quid extra. I think a more plausible theory is that Villa wanted a goal scorer and would deliver goals int he next 2 seasons and Ings was seen as a much safer bet. I really like Tammy, we are indebted to him for helping us to promotion. I get it was a team effort and all that but if Tammy wasn't in the team we would not have got promoted. But for where we are now and where we are going I don't think Tammy is the right man for us.

If we tried to get him why didn't we succeed?

Many reasons why transfers don’t happen, we had a couple that didn’t happen that we know about and probably many more that we don’t know about.

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think a more plausible theory is that Villa wanted a goal scorer and would deliver goals int he next 2 seasons and Ings was seen as a much safer bet.

That defeats everything you’ve talked about re Mings about profitability and selling when high value.  Ings has basically very little resell value.  Tammy will still have high resell value whatever and if successful will have huge sale value in 2,3,4 years.  You seem to fitting things to your narrative and almost in contradiction within a couple of pages.

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

But for where we are now and where we are going I don't think Tammy is the right man for us.

I understand that’s your opinion but many disagreed in the Tammy thread.

But Tammy isn't good enough for Villa. We can do better than Tammy and he wouldn't get a game ahead of Ings or Ollie

I dont full agree with this.

Tammy could in seasons on in a window be brought to the club. Ings and Watkins have both been a proven player on the wings for a start by there previous clubs, which could pave the way for Tammy up front even still. This whole idea of we should limit ourselves to just one striker happened a lot through the window by a few of you, then low and behold we brought in another and it shut you all up. Now if Wesley is going and won't be back and we should sell Davis by all means as he's useless with his constant injury and can't score for owt, it would leave a place open for the likes of Tammy. Now there is no reason why any player brought should be confined to play where they played for other clubs they came from, god knows we've altered alot of players positions and how they play. One thing you can't deny is Tammy can get around the pitch and press the hell out of teams even in a front CF role. If we had Ings on the left, Bailey on the right and Buendia in the center, we can still swap between Watkins and Tammy and have a quality second striker on the bench out of the two of them and still offer them both sufficient game time and jobs a good one because it could be done. Now we have been injury ridden and we can't seem to get a full team together yet so depth is needed. Its obvious, as the tougher we keep trying in the league and our players grind more on field, the more injury will occur.

Sure we have more pressing problems at the moment with signings and midfield seems to be a key discussion and I totally agree. My point is however is I can still see a place for Tammy down the line especially if either Ings or Watkins gets snapped up by a team down the line above us for big money. Let's face it after Grealish i won't never say Loyalty can conquer money ever again and when the clubs above us come crawling I'll not question as much as i did that a player of ours wont be looking to jump ship. I think Ings would certainly look to move on and were just a stepping stone for him and he will want to win some things if he can, only have to look at his age. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if someone like Spurs or City came and offered alot, especially if Kane were sold and Ings has a cracker of a season. We would also be mad to turn down an offer for Ings of it was well above what we paid. No i don't agree with the selling but if it's a quick buck and we can replace no problem then so be it and Tammy down the line could be a quick and easy fix and then the process starts all over again. See it may not even be Tammy it maybe some other younger player who joins when we've sold Ings but this will happen at some point.

I also don't thing Mings will be sold for abit, I don't think any Top team above us is going to give us what we paid and then some on top. We simply brought Mings knowing we would make a loss on him and that's why he won't be going anywhere for such a long time at least till we come around to needing to find a replacement for him.

30 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Tammy's shit.

Wooooow that is one of the craziest things I've ever seen from you and one other on VT.

Tammy is an ace player capable of amazing things and you couldn't of paid much attention to his career after he left Villa to make such a comment..

Crazy lol

• Haha 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Many reasons why transfers don’t happen, we had a couple that didn’t happen that we know about and probably many more that we don’t know about.

8 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I do believe if we wanted Tammy he would be a Villa player now, we would have overcome the obstacles.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

That defeats everything you’ve talked about re Mings about profitability and selling when high value.  Ings has basically very little resell value.  Tammy will still have high resell value whatever and if successful will have huge sale value in 2,3,4 years.  You seem to fitting things to your narrative and almost in contradiction within a couple of pages.

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

We are not going to make a profit on Ings, that is clear. So the strategy behind buying Ings is clearly that we want as close as we can get to guaranteed goals this season and next. I think this is for a push to qualify for the Europa. Goals are expensive and we are obviously happy to pay 15m a year for them

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I do believe if we wanted Tammy he would be a Villa player now, we would have overcome the obstacles.

Great, you should get a job with our recruitment if you are so good.

In reality even the simplest deals don’t always happen and there are many obstacles on any deal that could scupper it.

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

We are not going to make a profit on Ings, that is clear. So the strategy behind buying Ings is clearly that we want as close as we can get to guaranteed goals this season and next. I think this is for a push to qualify for the Europa.

And keeping Mings past his best sale time will be the same because of the clean sheets he has helped us get.

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

we should limit ourselves to just one striker happened a lot through the window by a few of you

I never said we should limit ourselves to one striker. As for Tammy becoming an extra striker with Ollie and Ings, then yes I would love him at Villa. I was just ruling out buying Tammy and Ings. But I would prefer to see 34m spent on upgrading Targett or Nakamba

11 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Tammy can get around the pitch and press the hell out of teams even in a front CF role.

He was also very useful at defending set pieces. He helped out or CBs a lot

32 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Tammy is good enough for Villa.

A front three of Ings, Tammy and Ollie…..bloody awesome 😉

would be F'in awesome

Tammy

Watkins

Ings-Buendia-Bailey

CDM

Target-Mings-Konsa-Cash

Martinez

A 4-1-3-1-1 formation?

plenty of inter changing between Watkins and Tammy, Likewise with Ings and Bailey.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

See how easy it is to change the conversation from one thing to Tammy.

Like taking candy from babies.

Lol it's like taking there favourite toy 🤣

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

We are not going to make a profit on Ings, that is clear. So the strategy behind buying Ings is clearly that we want as close as we can get to guaranteed goals this season and next. I think this is for a push to qualify for the Europa. Goals are expensive and we are obviously happy to pay 15m a year for them

It depends, a club up the top may see Ings firing a ton in for us and may see the same as we did, he guarantees goals. See spurs as stingy as Levi is could sell Kane for over 100 mill. Spurs come in for Ings who's a suitable replacement and a fix for a while and I believe if they offered us 50 or 60 mill,then we would snap there arm off for that and we've profited.

As I said in my long ass post lol, Ings is also at that age where he need to be looking at ways into europe. Through a solid season with us and some luck from a bit of selling from the likes of spurs, could see him quickly snapped up. Ings will be good easy in his 30s so he would pay it all off. I certainly think if by any chance a crazy offer came in for Ings in a season or two time, then we would be absolutely bonkers not to take it and allow him to leave. If all he did was give us one good season and we got our money back and then some then that's ace business by Villa.

14 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I never said we should limit ourselves to one striker. As for Tammy becoming an extra striker with Ollie and Ings, then yes I would love him at Villa. I was just ruling out buying Tammy and Ings. But I would prefer to see 34m spent on upgrading Targett or Nakamba

He was also very useful at defending set pieces. He helped out or CBs a lot

I agree that next season should be about upgrading midfield, I certainly  do.

I'm not saying you said we should only have one striker but in the window if you take a look at the Tammy thread you soon see the culprits for that one lol. Who knows down the line and where our position will be in terms of who we need to go for in what positions and who were selling and need to replace.

Something Just tells me that Ings won't be here for long and that both club and Ings see this as an opportunity for business that propells Ings above us while the club makes abit of profit. Sure the club had to of made the payement to southampton knowing it could beings final destination and a loss would be made, but wernt the reports that we beat spurs to Ings true? If so maybe kane would of been sold if they could of signed Ings. Maybe in a season or two they will decide to still come for him and the offer of European football providing they qualify and we don't. It will be to much to turn down for Ings and I couldn't say I'd blame him given his age. So long as it benefits the club as well thenIngs would be amazing business done in such a short period.

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Waiting for the usual suspects to pipe in overnight!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47liva6lv0l39asghgbi

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ujdgv5s0mx6kdy5fey

Yes waiting for the usual suspect will be an interesting read mate 🤣

We should make a certain day all about Tammy like a sunday and pull everyone away from their rest day.

Good.gif

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1