January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

To score a 9 or 10 in my opinion we absolutely needed to address the DM issue. I’d have liked to have seen Dougie and/or Chuck sign a new deal. I’m also not overly convinced by Chambers but obviously happy to be proven wrong on that front - keen for him to do well. Finally, I’m disappointed we have let Targett go to Newcastle. I think that makes us weaker overall and strengthens a rival. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yeah here you go. Free transfer and £10m when he plays 20 games.

He's cup tied so can only play 18 games this season, so no fee till next year. Not a bad deal.

so basically play him in 18 games this season, hope he does a Lingard, pay nothing to Spurs.....then sell him on for a profit in the summer.

lol.

I'm going with a 9 - in terms of signings, contract renewals and the fact that (in my mind) we've got an extra PL quality midfielder this month in the shape of Ramsey.  I had huge doubts early in the season which eased a little bit in December.  But in January he has completely won me over - a midfield of Luiz, McGinn and Ramsey is a hell of a lot better looking on paper than it was a few weeks ago.  In some ways I am quite "happy" that we have another 18/19 matches to work out which two of them start next season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Anyone disappointed needs to have a word with themselves - 2 years ago, we had Samatta, Drinkwater and Baston arrive at B6 (and Reina, who to be fair was decent)

This January we have signed Digne and Coutinho. 

We've come a long way baby! 

I’m delighted with our window but I’m bitterly disappointed we haven’t sorted the DM position.  

I can’t be more impressed with the players we’ve brought in and the contract extensions, easily an 8 out of 10 window.

Missing out on getting a DM I don’t think was the right thing by the club.

1 hour ago, useless said:

I think the club will tweet some news around 6pm, only because that's what normally happens when the U23 teams are due to be announced, and then U23s team announcement gets delayed, presumably as they want to keep the news story as the top story for a while. It actually happens quite often, they must like releasing stories at that time for some reason. Although of course it's not usually a big story, and if it happens today will probably be just confiration of one of the youngsters going out loan.

I was spot on, the club announced at 6pm that Targett has gone on loan to Newcastle... And annoyingly will probably now delay announcing the U23 team.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

I’m delighted with our window but I’m bitterly disappointed we haven’t sorted the DM position.  

I can’t be more impressed with the players we’ve brought in and the contract extensions, easily an 8 out of 10 window.

Missing out on getting a DM I don’t think was the right thing by the club.

If the right DM wasn't available then he wasn't available. That can wait until the summer. 

Anyway, if we had signed a DM, what would people moan about then?! :)

• Like 2

I think 8.5/10 for me.

Point lost for not getting a CDM in, then a further half point for losing a bit of depth through targett plus no contract renewals for Carney and Luiz (I know these may happen outside of the window)

Hoping we get to see a little bit of Iroegbunam as a result though!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

If the right DM wasn't available then he wasn't available. That can wait until the summer. 

Anyway, if we had signed a DM, what would people moan about then?! :)

We can only go on what we hear but feels like the right DM was available maybe just the price was an issue.

I agree about if we had signed a DM but we are Villa fans, they’ll always be something to moan about and we will also go back to arguing tomorrow who should be up front…Ings or Watkins.

Edited by nick76