January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Was just about to post this.  Our communications director says go home to sky sports presenter who thinks we’ll be busy today, I was hopeful but I think we are done.

• Like 2

Just now, MentalM said:

So a few accounts hyping up something big

All the media saying nothing incoming

Previously signings of Ings and Chambers has lead me to believe no one knows anything about our business...

Our comms director might though, unfortunately 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Was just about to post this.  Our communications director says go home to sky sports presenter who thinks we’ll be busy today, I was hopeful but I think we are done.

I have to say I did get a tingle when he said “get yourself up the road” …. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Our comms director might though, unfortunately 

I dont trust anything anymore, sorry

Wouldnt trust anyone in Villa to know anything, suddenly they snuck in Messi under the sheets without Gerrard knowing

Edited by MentalM
  • Like 1

There's a few on Twitter, hearing things about a big signing. 

Would have thought any betting odds will have tumbled (if something set up with said player at bookies) and seems a few too many people knowing for no leak. 

So the bullshit radar is twitching, that said i hope it's true 😂

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Strange to see our communications director tweeting that. Wouldn’t he be better off just saying nothing?

I think Purslow got hold of his twitter login

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Does that not apply to Newcastle too?

And, in fairness, I know the numbers are different, is there any effective difference when it comes to buying players? 

Personally I don't think it does apply to them in the same way because the wealth we are talking about is so vast they can continuously chuck billions and billions at it.

On an individual buying level there may not be a big difference if we're competing for one player, but they could promise that player they can make 10 more massive signing in that window.

Lets not forget most of Abramavoich's money went into Chelsea when it was far cheaper and easier to buy world class players, yet the club have still ended up owing him £1.5b.

There is also the ownership dynamic. PIF own a majority of Newcastle and can basically do whatever the **** they want. Our ownership is 50/50 and if Nassef wanted to put in £1b then Wes would have to match it. The problem is he'd have to sell everything he owns to do so, because his (public) is reported at £1b.

Them being a nation also makes a difference as it becomes a lot easier to secure those massive sponsorship deals. I know people like to suggest similar with Nassef, but it's pie in the sky for a listed company to do the same. The shareholders would sue in seconds if a senior employee paid way over the odds on a sponsorship deal to do a board member a favour.

I think you're being a little naïve to what Newcastle could do here, considering Man City have already developed a model for wealthy states to financially dope their clubs outside of the rules. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Strange to see our communications director tweeting that. Wouldn’t he be better off just saying nothing?

{🔥🗝📥📬📈}\🗂📉🔗🖌€€

He should learn how to send out proper messages to the fans about transfers. Bring back the Doc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe he thinks Rob Dorsett is a prick like the rest of us and this is the polite way of telling him to piss off 

Logic dictates that as we have by all accounts a well run recruitment team, that we wouldn't wait until the last day of the window to try and make a signing.

However, we just don't give anything away as the signings of Ings and Chambers have proven, which in the modern world of smartphones and information spreading at insane speeds is very impressive. It also means you just never know when a new signing may arrive, or in some cases who it may be.

think we are done, but you just never know...

30 minutes ago, allani said:

But Steer and Trez are unlikely to be troubling our match day squad for the rest of the season anyway.  So the only really impact on a match day would be Targett and we have Young as back-up (which is certainly no worse a position than we were in before the window opened).

I was just saying that with them going that's the squad as it would stand, not that specifically Trez and Steer going means there's a massive void left. It's lighter on numbers than you'd have expected to see, all going well it looks healthy but doesn't leave much wiggle room in the event of an injury here or there.

• Like 1