January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

It has been a good window. Stronger in three areas of the pitch which is great. I don’t want us to rush through other signings just for the fun of it though, I think if we are not going to land our primary targets in other positions, then reassess in the summer and see where we are up to. Most people think we have this desperate need for a DM, but I think we can go into the remainder of the season with a solid team that will get us enough points to end the season well. 

• Like 1

Looks like we're determined to get the 6 role sorted, which is great news. I'd be happy with either Bentancur or Kamara and would prefer either to a player with a potential custodial sentence in his near future.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We're sticking with midfield 3 a la Liverpool. No CDM in front of back 4 probably not a double pivot. Everything points to 4321 and Bentancur plays on right side of middle 3 for Uruguay so that's not surprising he's a target

That is what I suggested they are doing.

Not sure if I think it is a bad thing to do or not. It strikes me that on the face of it that it isn't a bad idea but then without defined roles that players can get confused who is responsible for what.

10 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Looks like we're determined to get the 6 role sorted, which is great news. I'd be happy with either Bentancur or Kamara and would prefer either to a player with a potential custodial sentence in his near future.

We should just get both, great strength in depth 😀

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

We should just get both, great strength in depth 😀

It's honestly not a bad idea to get two when there are some relatively cheap options for their quality available right now.

I am also uncomfortable with 18 months on Douglas Luis' contract.

Edited by paul514

22 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

According to who? Don't say Mark Goldbridge

Just random Twitter posts.

I can’t tell who’s legit or not 🤷‍♂️😆but I wouldn’t even look at a Goldbridge tweet or any one associated with Man Poo. Usually block them 😆

Edited by Jas10

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Hypothetical scenario: If we were to sign Kamara and Bentancur but sell Dougie, would you be happy with that? 

Yes, although it would be a tougher decision if Luiz had a 4 or 5 year contract at the club.

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Hypothetical scenario: If we were to sign Kamara and Bentancur but sell Dougie, would you be happy with that? 

Yeah I'd be more than fine with that. I like Luiz but Bentancur have many of the same qualities as well as some others and from what I've seen from Kamara he's a fantastic young player and a huge talent who is more of a defensive role player than Luiz and Bentancur. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Think the Carney variable comes into this aswel, dose bringing in both mean Carney dose not sign long term deal?

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

Think the Carney variable comes into this aswel, dose bringing in both mean Carney dose not sign long term deal?

It’s possible, but I would say unlikely with Carney being a more attack-minded midfielder.