January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

47 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

What stats do u have that Mings is statistically better than Webster. I am not saying u don't have any but any I have seen has Webster as better

I think Webster would be the kind of player I'd actually like us to sign as the medium term successor to Mings. He is good, I was actually starting that paragraph to say he'd be the one I wanted if we went for an English CB. And went to get his stats to show why he'd be better than Mings at what we're trying to build and they were similar. Admittedly he's done it in less games so it probably is better but his short passing is a touch better and he completes more per game so keeps the ball moving more than Mings does. Long balls are worse though. And Maupay/Trossard are similarish in stature to Ollie/Buendia in terms of how they'd deal with long balls, so Mings is a touch better there.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

The new Aaron Tshibola? :D 

He might be great, never seen or heard of him, only just turned 20 apparently.

Honestly if someone isn't first choice we have no room for them in midfield

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think Webster would be the kind of player I'd actually like us to sign as the medium term successor to Mings. He is good, I was actually starting that paragraph to say he'd be the one I wanted if we went for an English CB. And went to get his stats to show why he'd be better than Mings at what we're trying to build and they were similar. Admittedly he's done it in less games so it probably is better but his short passing is a touch better and he completes more per game so keeps the ball moving more than Mings does. Long balls are worse though. And Maupay/Trossard are similarish in stature to Ollie/Buendia in terms of how they'd deal with long balls, so Mings is a touch better there.

Sven Botman

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I wanted us to sign Webster when he signed for Brighton and we wouldn't/couldn't pay the extra. I think he would be ideal for Villa

8 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I wanted us to sign Webster when he signed for Brighton and we wouldn't/couldn't pay the extra. I think he would be ideal for Villa

Me too. One of my best mates is a Bristol fan and he was raving about him. He's an excellent player.

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

What. 

The f**k. 

Is this. 

A suggestion that Gerrard may want to clear out Dougie who won’t sign a new contract and Targett who he can’t guarantee game time to.  In addition, we need a destructive midfielder and a CB??

Not quite sure what you don’t get?