January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

He was easily our most consistent player over the whole of last season for me. Others may have played better than him in spells, but Targett maintained a really strong level of performance from the beginning to the end of the season. 

He's not been at his best this year, and it might be that he's not right for Gerrard's system, but it would be a shame if it was forgotten how good he was in 2020-21

I would probably say most improved, but consistency would be given to emi martinez without a doubt

So with KKH for one side, Digne for the other, we have 4 quality fullbacks all of a sudden. Coutinho was a surprise, but with Bailey, Chuk, Buendia, Bert and him we have many options for the 2 10 roles. We have Sanson, McGinn, Luiz and JJ for the 2 8 roles, the only things that really need sorting now are the number 6 as Marv is injured but we needed another anyway and now that Tuanzebe is off to discover what pizza really is we need a CB.

It's all about Flange now.

I cannot see Bissouma happening, Brighton don't want to sell, especially in January and we'll have to pay over the odds to land him, which we won't do. 

Think we'll be looking at other targets and these links were more about us being admirers rather than any concrete effort to land him, would be amazed if it happened this month.

I hope we aren't in for Bissouma, good player but with the assault charge still hanging over his head we shouldn't be going anywhere near him.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Viloon said:

I cannot see Bissouma happening, Brighton don't want to sell, especially in January and we'll have to pay over the odds to land him, which we won't do. 

Think we'll be looking at other targets and these links were more about us being admirers rather than any concrete effort to land him, would be amazed if it happened this month.

But that's just it. We might not have a chance in the Summer so maybe we have to pay the extra 10-15m to get it over the line now?
He has a price, just depends if we're willing to meet it and whether he wants to come.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

But that's just it. We might not have a chance in the Summer so maybe we have to pay the extra 10-15m to get it over the line now?
He has a price, just depends if we're willing to meet it and whether he wants to come.

I'd be more concerned with the pending court case than the price, better staying clear until we know the outcome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Was many of us just being nice when we gave matty targett player of the season not too long ago , I thought he did well in that season but the best player was a stretch, blatantly being replaced by the club cant be any good for his confidence, id rather hickey than digne but wont complain if it is digne, and where does digne rank in terms of everton’s best players , as everton are struggling right now so just slightly concerned in that regard how he is fairing?

He's been dropped as he fell out with Benitez. He was doing OK but nothing special this season. Allegedly linked to his displeasure at the tactics utilised by Rafa.

(Whilst that sounds bad he has support of the Everton fans on that as they agree. It's a tough one because on one hand he's causing an issue with the manager, on the other hand he's not actually wrong)

Before this season he's been one of the top 3 left backs in the league in each of his 3 seasons with Everton. 

Tldr: Long term he's been great, this season mediocre. If we get the usual Digne we get a very very good player.

Edited by HalfTimePost

I think KKH will probably go back out on Loan at the end of Jan. I think we need cover while Young is injured and with Axel gone. Also Gerrard wants to see what he's like for a few weeks. I'd say a move to League 1 or back to Swindon 

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Theres no way we would pay 50 million for bissouma , we can get zakaria for 20-25 cut price and hes worth 35-40 that would make more sense 

Yes that makes sense in an ideal world, but clubs bigger than ours are in for him. It's unlikely we would be able to convince him to come. 

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If he’s nicked for sexual assault and can’t play? Then add the fact that a lot of the good vibes at the club that make us attractive to potential players and the huge increase in our value to sponsors could suddenly disappear.

It would be bad enough if he was already our player but to actually sign him in the full knowledge that he’s been arrested for such a crime would be at the very least a tricky one to put a positive spin on. Before we even start to look at the morality of it, at a time when women are becoming more and more interested in the game and women’s football is on the rise. You just know the media would slaughter us and we’d have ourselves to blame. 

I understand the innocent before guilty argument but we’re potentially risking £50m on a huge unknown. Surely for that kind of money there are other options? 

• Like 2