January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Not the most reliable source but Football Insider are reporting that we've bid for Kerr Smith, he was on trial with us previously, before he signed a professional deal with Dundee. Wouldn't surprise me if there was some truth to it, still see him commenting on our other youth players instagrams so seems like he made some friends whilst with us, and whilst they're not reliable in general they do seem to be a bit more so when it comes to our acadamey.

45 minutes ago, useless said:

Not the most reliable source but Football Insider are reporting that we've bid for Kerr Smith, he was on trial with us previously, before he signed a professional deal with Dundee. Wouldn't surprise me if there was some truth to it, still see him commenting on our other youth players instagrams so seems like he made some friends whilst with us, and whilst they're not reliable in general they do seem to be a bit more so when it comes to our acadamey.

Just to add to the above. No idea on reliability, over 100k followers. Maybe copying FI 🤷‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

From my quick research, he's tier 4/tier 5. So completely unreliable.

So next step up for this guy is SKY Sports News? Or has he just moved up from there?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

Just to add to the above. No idea on reliability, over 100k followers. Maybe copying FI 🤷‍♂️

Another signing for the academy it seems, he should be familiar as he was here on a 2 week trial 2 years ago. SPL is a farmers league but to be getting game time at 17 is still a feat. 

Didn’t know much about Bissouma’s off field antics, I must admit, but reading up on him this morning, he does come across as a right twunt.

Top footballer, no doubt but a right twatgoblin.

Who, when asked who they think is the best player in the Premier League, a league containing De Bruyne et al, earnestly says ‘me’. He’s not even trying to not be a cock.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Didn’t know much about Bissouma’s off field antics, I must admit, but reading up on him this morning, he does come across as a right twunt.

Who, when asked who they think is the best player in the Premier League, a league containing De Bruyne et al, earnestly says ‘me’. He’s not even trying to not be a cock.

Would have been a missive no under Smith, maybe too softly softly in his management style, doubt he would be allowed be much of a cock around Gerrard.

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Yeah but there's never been anything in the media about him being difficult at Brighton. If he does have a big ego Potter is doing a better job than I thought considering he'd have that and Maupay to deal with.

A bit of confidence never went amiss and he has a lot of talent. We've needed a nasty streak for a while. Wouldn't be the worst thing

Chelsea looking more likely to not go for Digne. In my opinion this would pretty much leave us and Newcastle as options. Maybe City too although they haven't really been linked but could do with a leftback.

Edit: now with the tweet

Edited by HalfTimePost

I'm surprised people are still talking about Bissouma, first of all the story originated from Sky Sports, who it was widely insisted were incredibly unreliable during the lead up to the Coutinho signing, and yesterday after the game Graham Potter revealed that no other clubs had been in contact about signing Bissouma.

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yeah but there's never been anything in the media about him being difficult at Brighton. If he does have a big ego Potter is doing a better job than I thought considering he'd have that and Maupay to deal with.

A bit of confidence never went amiss and he has a lot of talent. We've needed a nasty streak for a while. Wouldn't be the worst thing

Agreed. But in any case we have a manager who can look any so called big ego players in the eye and tell them they have a long way to go in order to match him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm surprised people are still talking about Bissouma, first of all the story originated from Sky Sports, who it was widely insisted were incredibly unreliable during the lead up to the Coutinho signing, and yesterday after the game Graham Potter revealed that no other clubs had been in contact about signing Bissouma.

I posted this some time ago. But the issue remains that we need a DM: Bissouma is very good in that position and we have the power to attract that level of player. Don’t forget Villa do not talk openly about a player registered with another club. This applied to Coutinho so will apply to others. 

15 minutes ago, useless said:

I was sceptical based off just the Sky report, but since then there’s quotes from Potter, in the Bissouma thread, admitting their place in the hierarchy and if the right offer comes in they’d sell. Which reads to me as though he’s expecting some movement. 

Furthermore, this morning the BHAFC reporter for the Athletic has confirmed our interest but no formal bid yet and mooted £50m. So sounds like we’re pulling up our chairs to the table, to preparing our offer, to then slap it in. 

I don't doubt that we're ambitious enough to try and sign Bissouma, I wouldn't be surprised if we broke our transfer record to buy him or some other alternative for our DM. But I wouldn't believe the link based just on what sky sport have said, hadn't realised that The Athletic had spoke of our interest as well.

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

He ain't gonna be bigger than Gerrard, so I've no problem with this. Big advantage having Gerrard as manager, he can kill the egos with his history.

Steven Gerrard Reaction GIF by EA SPORTS FIFA

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

He ain't gonna be bigger than Gerrard, so I've no problem with this. Big advantage having Gerrard as manager, he can kill the egos with his history.

Steven Gerrard Reaction GIF by EA SPORTS FIFA

You are right, but the problem I have with massive egos, even if it is kept from being toxic in the dressing room, is this: how do you learn from mistakes if you are adamant you don’t make any? And everyone does.