January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

That Fabrizio bloke doesn’t tend to get many wrong

Because he never:

• Breaks any stories himself or goes out on a limb at all - lots of ambiguity and outs on stuff he posts
  • Only regurgitates stories at least 2 other journalists have stories on already
  • Never commits to anything being a done deal until it's obvious the deal is done and dusted

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Apart from Rashica 😊

tbf im sure i read somewhere that we actually had Rashica at Bodymoor and showed him around the stadium, then his agent bumped up the salary/sign on requests etc and we dropped him like a stone.

not sure if true.

like it or not, it does improve our forward line. gerrard has obviously decided ollie is not going to work out wide. it's a definite upgrade on eh ghaz and trez. possibly traore too.

we've played ramsey there a few times this season ffs. this is a good signing, i'm sure of it

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

tbf im sure i read somewhere that we actually had Rashica at Bodymoor and showed him around the stadium, then his agent bumped up the salary/sign on requests etc and we dropped him like a stone.

not sure if true.

Think Dan Bardell said that. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sne said:

It's a 70% of total club revenue thing from La Liga.

Coutinho is on £380k/w. Which kinda raises the question how much of that would we be willing to pay. Anything more than 30% makes him the highest paid player at the club.

They wont him go for anything less than full wages.  He cost the 130m afteralll

Just now, MaVilla said:

not sure if true.

Dan Bardell said someone at Villa basically confirmed this to him.  I think he said this in an interview with a Norwich supporter after Smith signed for them.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Because he never:

• Breaks any stories himself or goes out on a limb at all - lots of ambiguity and outs on stuff he posts
  • Only regurgitates stories at least 2 other journalists have stories on already
  • Never commits to anything being a done deal until it's obvious the deal is done and dusted

Maybe I’m getting him mixed up with someone else then? I thought he was relatively reliable and did the odd scoop, obviously not!

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

They wont him go for anything less than full wages.  He cost the 130m afteralll

Then again they let Luis Suarez go for free while also paying part of his salary at Atletico Madrid. Club is comically badly run.

• Like 1

this really is a coin toss....I would love to believe the coutinho would succeed here, but i just can't see him having the motivation to do it. He will see it as a big step down and i think we would have been better off going a different route. I want us to get a DM in who is ideally a physical unit and capable of chipping in with a few goals and pushing the team on.

That being said, if gerrard thinks he will be able to get a tune out of the player then it could be a masterstroke, we know what he is capable of. I do think its telling that he seems very keen to come here though and others with resources aren't after him. You would have thought this would have been a signing newcastle would want to make to make a statement under new ownership.

Would love to be proven wrong, but at this moment in time i won't get too excited or jump with joy on the social media channels when villa announce it.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Then again they let Luis Suarez go for free while also paying part of his salary at Atletico Madrid. Club is comically badly run.

I hope you’re right.  They are desperate I suppose to get Torres on the wage book.