January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

He isn't going to small heath, the rumour was started as a joke in response to another rumour that they were signing Snodgrass. The Richard Wilford of BBC WM tweet is fake, it's not his real twitter. There have been fake tweets suggesting that they're signing Hourihane as well, I think it's people trying to make fun of the idea that they sign our 'rejects'.

The irony that it was probably a tweet created to take the piss out of Blues fans, yet we're the ones who seem to be talking about it.

In terms of our actual transfers, the good thing about how we work is that signings can come out of the blue a little bit. This makes for an exciting month, but not a very productive one from a work perspective as I'm having to check this site every 15 mins.

1 hour ago, picicata said:

It's option 1 for me. Plan for the summer by blooding youngsters and testing players. We are highly unlikely to make Europe or go down so use the rest of the season to make us stronger for the future.

Obviously if a good LB/ CDM etc come available at a price that we feel is decent value then go for it.

But if we get the player in now then we have a full half a season for him to get used to Villa, moving house (most likely) and learning the Gerrard way. This would put us in a much stronger position starting next season compared to getting the new player(s) in during July/Aug. I think deliberately delaying the purchase of a player is the wrong approach, if we have the funds available and it fits into the correct accounting window for FFP then we should get the player as soon as they become available

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

But if we get the player in now then we have a full half a season for him to get used to Villa, moving house (most likely) and learning the Gerrard way. This would put us in a much stronger position starting next season compared to getting the new player(s) in during July/Aug. I think deliberately delaying the purchase of a player is the wrong approach, if we have the funds available and it fits into the correct accounting window for FFP then we should get the player as soon as they become available

Yes Like we did with Sanson 

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes Like we did with Sanson 

Just because Sanson got injured doesn't mean every player we buy will get injured. We need to be realistic in that not every player we buy will work out but that doesn't change the fact that we should have the correct approach to buying players 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Just because Sanson got injured doesn't mean every player we buy will get injured. We need to be realistic in that not every player we buy will work out but that doesn't change the fact that we should have the correct approach to buying players 

If only, we could get a result with an outfield player, like we did with Martinez.

although Konsa, Mings and McGinn have been good buys.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

If only, we could get a result with an outfield player, like we did with Martinez.

Yes this, they are good yes bit finding an absolute bargain world class player again would be the nuts. Preferably in the middle of the park.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

Marv's injury was so unlucky with the timing. Its a very difficult task getting the right players in but they tend to get better with length of time at the club. They need the bedding in period, this is why I would like to see us buy players in Jan. But with the caveat that we do not compromise on quality. If the right player is not available then we should not buy none. If we have a serious injury issue and need to get a player in to fill a position because we have no alternatives then we should get a loan player or play a 17 year old rather than buy the wrong player

Edited by Peter Griffin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yes this, they are good yes bit finding an absolute bargain world class player again would be the nuts. Preferably in the middle of the park.

our midfielders are too samey, all too offensive minded, which makes it difficult to control the middle of the park as you rightly allude to.

We need a Roy Keane or Patrick Viera...who can conduct affairs and pull the strings for our players to play off...most teams in the prem, have one of sorts, its criminal we don't.....unfortunately our one who has just been accepted as one, has now got a long term injury.

This needs to be our top priority.....and judging by the links, clickbait, I am not so sure.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think the new 'bargains' are to be found in 19 to 21 year olds that cost about 25m to 40m. That's the area we need to be looking at imo

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

Not many of the players bought after promotion have been "failures" thou. If we put in price and what they done. 

Heaton and Wesley (not to their own fault), Samatta, Jota and Engels are the only ones I would say have been low return on investment. The loan of Drinkwater can also be added there, but a loan. 

Sanson could be argued, but I believe he will be good for us in the future. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Dum Di Dum Dum.....

_99429897_mediaitem99429892.jpg

Screenshot_20220104-102800_Gallery.jpg

So in lieu of an explanation, a reverse image Search says this is Timmy Abraham...

Did you get the wrong Abraham trying to bring up the old Tammy debate or are you actually suggesting Timmy Abraham?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1