January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Unrealistic but here is my January wish list - 

Thilo Kehrer CB / Fullback from PSG 
Orel Mangala DM from Stuttgart
Charles De Ketelaere AM/LW/ST from Club Brugge 

My unrealistic list would contain a few more world greats....maybe even a terminator!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

buy him back for £50m. That was the plan all along.

Maybe he can help Foden spiral out of control too so we can get them both?

They can be our new drinky-duo like Dunne & Collins.

• Haha 3

Even if City wanted him gone (they don't)  his pride would be too much to come back that quickly. Leaving City that quick would mean something terrible has happened and would be a death knell to his chances of going to the World Cup in November.

He'd stay and fight for his place and keep his pride through at least the World Cup. After that if he was completely bombed out of City he'd leave next January earliest.

He missed 2 games for City and started last night, he's not in that position yet, it's a ridiculous suggestion. Talk about him in his thread in Other Football as it's a waste discussing him here.

We usually like to say the newspapers don't know what they're talking about. But if they were right this window would you be happy with:

Aaron Hickey (permanent)

Glen Kamara (permanent)

Joe Gomez (loan, with option to buy)

As our only ins this window?

For me, it addresses issues but feels an awful lot like the kind of signings I'd expect Everton to make. Decent enough, probably not taking us anywhere.

22 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We usually like to say the newspapers don't know what they're talking about. But if they were right this window would you be happy with:

Aaron Hickey (permanent)

Glen Kamara (permanent)

For me, it addresses issues but feels an awful lot like the kind of signings I'd expect Everton to make. Decent enough, probably not taking us anywhere.

Replace Kamara with Wijnaldum and I’d be happy.

This part of our journey, is going to be the hardest part.

We need upgrades, but the better players want Champions League football.....what come first the chicken or the egg.

We have to find players who can launch us in the the European places, in order to attract the better quality, it is catch 22.

Finding better players who we can bring on to become better players again, isn't easy.

Zakaria is out of our reach sadly. He was fantastic before the injury and might still get back to that level since he's only 25 or something.

His agent will get him a big contract at a richer, bigger profile club than us.

49 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Aaron Hickey (permanent)

Glen Kamara (permanent)

I would be happy with Hickey and Gomez. We don’t need another 8 so I would be amazed and also a bit peeved if we signed Kamara. Swap him for a good 6 and I’d be happy