Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

Atmosphere was ok today but a few things that still really wind me up.  We are going to play from the back. We are going to play a high line. Linesman have been instructed not to put the flag up until the play ends. 

Stop bloody moaning about it throughout the game !

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

I get that fans are entitled to behave as they wish in the stands - fine - but I don't really understand why it's sometimes so quiet (even when winning).

I don't think people necessarily don't want to sing either, there's just something...missing...in home games.

I would suggest that the club stops blasting music pre-game so so loud, make it easier to get a drink and add a safe standing section. All of these things could be done in the short-term to foster a "singing-friendly" atmosphere. The music is especially annoying if you ask me because I feel like it totally nullifies the ability for fans to build an atmosphere pre-game, which is vital for its continuation into the game itself.

• Like 1

Weren’t there today my lads footy team had a game on same time but sounds like it was same old shit atmosphere. I get Sundays are crap and Fulham hardly heat things up but we are flying in the table and our home form is best in Europe probably. We just have quiet fans, which is crap. Quick enough to turn and moan when things not going well mind. 

• Like 2

I wonder if there is a sense of “Is today the day when this goes wrong?” at play.

It’s not the right mentality, we should all be enjoying this run as long as it lasts. But at the same time there are countless posts on here that are to effect of “Anyone else think we’re still gonna **** this up?”.

If people at home (like me) can think that, stands to reason that people who have spent a few quid in the cold might also feel a bit of apprehension.

Return to the premier league 19/20 season is the best I've seen from VP.

That Wesley goal with the through pass from Jota against Everton. Wh ycan't it be like that every week, would help the team so much

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

I would suggest that the club stops blasting music pre-game so so loud, make it easier to get a drink and add a safe standing section. All of these things could be done in the short-term to foster a "singing-friendly" atmosphere. The music is especially annoying if you ask me because I feel like it totally nullifies the ability for fans to build an atmosphere pre-game, which is vital for its continuation into the game itself.

I agree with this, I can’t stand the music blasting out and wish they’d ban it altogether. You can’t hear yourself think let alone hear the beginnings of a song that you might want to join in with. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Wasn't too much wrong with the atmosphere today I don't think , had a lull second half when we weren't so good

Yeh same here. Was ok.  Fans still chat shit all game but atmosphere was fine. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Not that the opponent should matter but we’ve had Everton, Palace, Brighton, West Ham, Luton, and Fulham. Plus the conference games. 

Almost all of them sat back and like today, almost seemed like a light training session at times. Not that it should be an excuse but I can see why. 

Brighton if it were closer but we demolished them in 30 minutes. 

Wonder what it will be like when our actual competitors come to VP and try to play. 

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Atmosphere was ok today but a few things that still really wind me up.  We are going to play from the back. We are going to play a high line. Linesman have been instructed not to put the flag up until the play ends. 

Its the moat dumbest change they have made

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Return to the premier league 19/20 season is the best I've seen from VP.

That Wesley goal with the through pass from Jota against Everton. Wh ycan't it be like that every week, would help the team so much

Friday night 8pm humid atmosphere. Perfect ingredients for noise.

At one point today (just before they scored today) 2 executive boxes in The DE got The Holte End singing. 

Has this ever happened at any other ground I wonder? 

Better not tell The Bluenoses though. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

At one point today (just before they scored today) 2 executive boxes in The DE got The Holte End singing. 

Has this ever happened at any other ground I wonder? 

Better not tell The Bluenoses though. 

And then Fulham scored (i missed the goal as was laughing at the woman). The reply of "it's all your fault" was class though 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It is ridiculous though. Against AZ their off side player was through 1 on 1 with Martinez and there was a 50/50 ball that Emi dived for and he won but he could have been injured easily but the play didnt count because the flag went up. I just cant see the benefit.

7 hours ago, Richie k said:

It is ridiculous though. Against AZ their off side player was through 1 on 1 with Martinez and there was a 50/50 ball that Emi dived for and he won but he could have been injured easily but the play didnt count because the flag went up. I just cant see the benefit.

I agree but shouting abuse at the linesman every game isn’t going to change it unfortunately.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Â