Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

In no particular order:

vs Man City   Dec 2023 - W 1-0 (battered Treble winning cheaters)

vs Brighton   May 2023 - W 2-1 (qualified for Europe)

vs Birmingham City   Nov 2018 - W 4-2

vs Everton   Aug 2019 - W 2-0 (first game back in Premier League)

vs Man Utd   Nov 2022 - W 3-1 (Emery's first game in charge)

Anyone want to put them in order lol, or add any other games that were as good?

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

In no particular order:

vs Man City   Dec 2023 - W 1-0 (battered Treble winning cheaters)

vs Brighton   May 2023 - W 2-1 (qualified for Europe)

vs Birmingham City   Nov 2018 - W 4-2

vs Everton   Aug 2019 - W 2-0 (first game back in Premier League)

vs Man Utd   Nov 2022 - W 3-1 (Emery's first game in charge)

Anyone want to put them in order lol, or add any other games that were as good?

Newcastle last season. 3-0 win. 

Everton 2019 and baggies 2019 still amazing for me, that season was brilliant and the whole day at Wembley for the final amazing too, loads of us en route to the ground walking through the shopping center singing ole ole after spending the whole day on the green beforehand…last night was decent but not quite as good imo 

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m absolutely gutted couldn’t make the game.  Not making same mistake for Saturday. Hopefully another similar atmosphere.

Same mate, missed that one, missed the Brighton match last season too! Half five kick off against arsenal, usually a good kick off time for atmosphere as people have had a few pints. If we start the game like we did against man city it should be a cracking atmosphere. I'll be tanked up in the Holte End doing my bit anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

It also disappears for me but came up in my suggested. It's that noise at 6:25 that does it for me. Given the ball away but keeps the pressure on when everyone just shouts COME ONNNNN

From the pitch side video - what was Pep thinking having Rico Lewis mark McGinn? Lewis looks like a U15 next to McGinn.

• Like 2

On 07/12/2023 at 19:17, mattyvilla said:

Albion in the fa cup qtr a few years back was special

Sure you don't mean the playoff semi? 

I don't get to all the games sadly but went to a fair few of that run and that one stood out. Probably my favourite VP atmosphere. 

The 6-4 against Blackburn in the League Cup semi 2nd leg 10 or so years ago was also pretty great - including the pitch invasion. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Sure you don't mean the playoff semi? 

I don't get to all the games sadly but went to a fair few of that run and that one stood out. Probably my favourite VP atmosphere. 

The 6-4 against Blackburn in the League Cup semi 2nd leg 10 or so years ago was also pretty great - including the pitch invasion. 

no definately fa Qtr , it was a 5.30 ko and was volatile to say the least , plenty of chairs ripped out of the north upper

• Like 1

On 07/12/2023 at 19:17, mattyvilla said:

Albion in the fa cup qtr a few years back was special

I remember that one well. I took a friend as my dad couldn’t make it. When we got back in the car afterwards he said he’d never been in such a loud atmosphere.

10 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

It also disappears for me but came up in my suggested. It's that noise at 6:25 that does it for me. Given the ball away but keeps the pressure on when everyone just shouts COME ONNNNN

Great watch that

Â