Midweek Football 23/25 August

andykeenan

7 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Can't help but wonder what would Moyes do with our squad 🧐

Similar to what he did at Sunderland?  He’s a good manager and fits at certain clubs pre West Ham our fanbase wouldn’t have given him a chance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

Antonio seems like a great dude. And is a really good player.

Fair play to West Ham and Moyes. We appear to be quite some way off them now. They are doing nicely.

Personally I'm pretty certain we will finish above them. We will see.

West Ham have a reasonable season and play well for 2 games into this season and all of a sudden Antonio is the nicest bloke since Jay Cee and "what if" thoughts about freakin David Moyes?!?!?

A dour Scottish version of Gollum was and is forever the last thing that Aston Villa need. I guarantee that in the next five years they'll be a Championship yoyo team again.

David Moyes FFS

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47u3dfb224lh9wwx8yav

• Haha 1

Antonio is a literal goal machine and a very hard worker, which you cannot underestimate. He will need to be managed though, as he has a tendency to break down. I suppose they could play Bowen or Benrahma down the middle, but they should think about the Europa League and try and get some cover in. It dosen't have to be a 40 mil pound player, but someone that can stick the ball in the back of the net.

Surprised he is their top scorer, however I guess that only counts the premier league era, but thats still 30 or so seasons....Another reason I like Antonio is because he missed that sitter against us on the final day of the 19/20 season which would have relegated us had it flown in.

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Antonio is a literal goal machine and a very hard worker, which you cannot underestimate. He will need to be managed though, as he has a tendency to break down. I suppose they could play Bowen or Benrahma down the middle, but they should think about the Europa League and try and get some cover in. It dosen't have to be a 40 mil pound player, but someone that can stick the ball in the back of the net.

Surprised he is their top scorer, however I guess that only counts the premier league era, but thats still 30 or so seasons....Another reason I like Antonio is because he missed that sitter against us on the final day of the 19/20 season which would have relegated us had it flown in.

not literally a goal machine then :P 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

West Ham have a reasonable season and play well for 2 games into this season and all of a sudden Antonio is the nicest bloke since Jay Cee and "what if" thoughts about freakin David Moyes?!?!?

A dour Scottish version of Gollum was and is forever the last thing that Aston Villa need. I guarantee that in the next five years they'll be a Championship yoyo team again.

David Moyes FFS

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47u3dfb224lh9wwx8yav

Agree with you that Moyes is being really overrated lately. 

But I do like Antonio as a player and character. Not embarrassed to admit as much. 

7 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Nyland conceding 5 for Bournemouth tonight already against Norwich, no idea if any were his fault. The Norwich players playing tonight will be pushing for places I'd say.

Messed up for one of Norwich's goals.  I would highly recommend watching all six goals for some of the purest defensive seppuku I've seen for some time!

• Like 1

Â