The Holy Trinity Show

Dave-R

11 hours ago, Condimentalist said:

Totally. I used to go and watch Arsenal sometimes as a kid, as well as Villa. 

This was just before the great Wenger teams, but being from Hertfordshire Arsenal was the obvious choice.

But VP was just such a majestic experience compared to Highbury. I was hooked from the first visit as a 7 year old.

It's a special place and always will be.

The Home of League football thanks to Mr McGregor.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

I decided to watch one and gave up after his absolute ridiculous attack on Buendia. "The lowest ranked villa player the last two games". No the Brentford game he was our best player. 

It was based statistically. The thing that I do like about Pete is that he gives his opinion, I don’t always agree with it but it’s his opinion rather than just being safe. It’s the way to drive traffic for his channel, I think you do have to try and watch/listen to views that differ to your own, even if just for balance.

• Like 2

A very good show ruined by his hatred of Emi.  What he just doesn't get is twofold. 

1. This is a team game and we are on an amazing run of wins and also hardly any goals conceded. Emi contributes to that from his defending from the front. 

2.  His game is about risks. In a team full of structure and non risk taking and control   Emi continually takes risks.  Does he truly believe that Emery isnt giving him that freedom ? Its what a 10 does. They have to. To eventually unlock a defence. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

I decided to watch one and gave up after his absolute ridiculous attack on Buendia. "The lowest ranked villa player the last two games". No the Brentford game he was our best player. 

Yeah, I'm a regular watcher and that pissed me off. He had a more veiled attack on him in the previous video as well. 

Then again there are PLENTY of people on here more than happy to have a pop at Buendia too. He's a bit of a divisive player amongst the fans. 

He was interesting enough to begin with, I watched it a bit but he's really annoying me now and I stopped watching. It's just repetitive and his analysis is actually shit. 

The Villa Park podcast is good when they do the tactical breakdown. Those episodes are good watch. Check it out on YouTube if you've not seen it yet

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

It was based statistically. The thing that I do like about Pete is that he gives his opinion, I don’t always agree with it but it’s his opinion rather than just being safe. It’s the way to drive traffic for his channel, I think you do have to try and watch/listen to views that differ to your own, even if just for balance.

He's stats purely based on the negative but lost me when he said he was the lowest ranked player in the previous two games which was clearly untrue in the Brentford game 

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Buendia is the weakest link in the team right now. That’s blatantly obvious to anyone watching the games. 

He’s also guaranteed to be replaced in the summer. That’s not even up for discussion. 

I’m not sure I agree, I don’t think he’s worse than some of our other players and he’s one of the few regular creative players we have.  I don’t mind him being replaced in the summer, in fact that would be great but I can’t agree he’s our weakest link as if he’s the poorest regular we have.

44 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Buendia is the weakest link in the team right now. That’s blatantly obvious to anyone watching the games. 

He’s also guaranteed to be replaced in the summer. That’s not even up for discussion. 

Well it is up for discussion 

• Like 2

On 20/04/2023 at 07:53, blandy said:

It was Ron Bendall, I’m sure, who was chairman at the time and he wanted to change Ron’s contract from a rolling contract to a fixed one.

"We won the league, we won the cup, now Ronnie Bendall's f****ed it up" was the chant on the Holte 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m not sure I agree, I don’t think he’s worse than some of our other players and he’s one of the few regular creative players we have.  I don’t mind him being replaced in the summer, in fact that would be great but I can’t agree he’s our weakest link as if he’s the poorest regular we have.

So name one weaker? 

Cash - he’ll be replaced as well.

Ramsey- I bet we sign a player that pushes him to the bench as well to give him space and time to grow. 

anyone else?

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Well it is up for discussion 

You can discuss all you want but it ain’t going to happen. I’m happy to make whatever bet to charity that you want that he will not start the first league game of next season.

7 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

You can discuss all you want but it ain’t going to happen. I’m happy to make whatever bet to charity that you want that he will not start the first league game of next season.

Im sure it will be discussed in the summer. You said it’s not even up for discussion. If you mean on here then you’re wrong and if you mean at Villa then you’re wrong. If you mean in your own head then you’re right. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

So name one weaker? 

Cash - he’ll be replaced as well.

Ramsey- I bet we sign a player that pushes him to the bench as well to give him space and time to grow. 

anyone else?

Well you’ve just answered two, and before injured Bailey was a fixture in the team who’s weaker, so we are close to a third of the rest of the team just with them.  Then it’s about personal thoughts about players from JJ, Cash, Konsa, Bailey, McGinn, Dendoncker, even Coutinho and Digne.

I think Buendia is just inconsistent but can have big influence on our team in some games but can look weak and overplay in other games.  I can’t see him being called the weak link generally but he can certainly be upgraded in the summer but a vital squad player going forwards.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

A very good show ruined by his hatred of Emi.  What he just doesn't get is twofold. 

1. This is a team game and we are on an amazing run of wins and also hardly any goals conceded. Emi contributes to that from his defending from the front. 

2.  His game is about risks. In a team full of structure and non risk taking and control   Emi continually takes risks.  Does he truly believe that Emery isnt giving him that freedom ? Its what a 10 does. They have to. To eventually unlock a defence. 

I don't think that was his intended case.....I think he was highlighting the amount of time he was caught on the ball, and not progressing it......against better teams that could prove fatal.....He was right.

However, I agree with your 2 points.

Â