The Holy Trinity Show

Dave-R

3 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

It was based statistically. The thing that I do like about Pete is that he gives his opinion, I don’t always agree with it but it’s his opinion rather than just being safe. It’s the way to drive traffic for his channel, I think you do have to try and watch/listen to views that differ to your own, even if just for balance.

I agree.

To be fair, thats all any of us can do....A fervent or convincing opinion, delivered with conviction, is still an opinion, that some interpret as fact.

A slick delivery, or a well worded opinion, is still an opinion.....commenting on football games, is always an individuals view, that surely has to be respected or ignored.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Well you’ve just answered two, and before injured Bailey was a fixture in the team who’s weaker, so we are close to a third of the rest of the team just with them.  Then it’s about personal thoughts about players from JJ, Cash, Konsa, Bailey, McGinn, Dendoncker, even Coutinho and Digne.

I think Buendia is just inconsistent but can have big influence on our team in some games but can look weak and overplay in other games.  I can’t see him being called the weak link generally but he can certainly be upgraded in the summer but a vital squad player going forwards.

Really? I very much doubt he’ll be at the club come the start of the 24/25 season.

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Well you’ve just answered two, and before injured Bailey was a fixture in the team who’s weaker, so we are close to a third of the rest of the team just with them.  Then it’s about personal thoughts about players from JJ, Cash, Konsa, Bailey, McGinn, Dendoncker, even Coutinho and Digne.

I think Buendia is just inconsistent but can have big influence on our team in some games but can look weak and overplay in other games.  I can’t see him being called the weak link generally but he can certainly be upgraded in the summer but a vital squad player going forwards.

The two I mentioned are significantly stronger than Buendia and Bailey doesn’t even start if Buendia does In a fully fit team so god knows what you’ve been watching. 

The only player before him in the squad to get replaced is Olsen. 

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

The two I mentioned are significantly stronger than Buendia and Bailey doesn’t even start if Buendia does In a fully fit team so god knows what you’ve been watching. 

Do you have another login on the board as well as this one? 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, I'm a regular watcher and that pissed me off. He had a more veiled attack on him in the previous video as well. 

Then again there are PLENTY of people on here more than happy to have a pop at Buendia too. He's a bit of a divisive player amongst the fans. 

Have to say I'm very unimpressed with what I've seen with Buendia so far. Maybe the fact he made all his career in Europe made me believe he'd have a superior physical dynamic, and the price you paid for him certainly suggests a certain technical quality, but I've seen neither. Barring a very late blooming like Mo Salah (Emi is 26 already and will be 27 in december), I'd certainly try and see what you can get for him. I don't see him getting any real run with Argentina either, at least *I* wouldn't call him.

Haven't watched enough Villa (will watch more, promise) to say if he's been the worst or not, but I'm surprised to see Cash mentioned, I was pleasantly suprised by him in the World Cup. He's sneaky fast

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

"We won the league, we won the cup, now Ronnie Bendall's f****ed it up" was the chant on the Holte 

Midweek.  Southampton at home. Think we won 2-1 IIRC. I was there.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't think that was his intended case.....I think he was highlighting the amount of time he was caught on the ball, and not progressing it......against better teams that could prove fatal.....He was right.

However, I agree with your 2 points.

OK it's down to opinion but I believe the positives far outweigh the negatives with Buendia but he had a really good game against Newcastle and we shall see again against Man u. I don't agree with his views so won't bother watching 

6 minutes ago, Daulmakan said:

Have to say I'm very unimpressed with what I've seen with Buendia so far. Maybe the fact he made all his career in Europe made me believe he'd have a superior physical dynamic, and the price you paid for him certainly suggests a certain technical quality, but I've seen neither. Barring a very late blooming like Mo Salah (Emi is 26 already and will be 27 in december), I'd certainly try and see what you can get for him. I don't see him getting any real run with Argentina either, at least *I* wouldn't call him.

Haven't watched enough Villa (will watch more, promise) to say if he's been the worst or not, but I'm surprised to see Cash mentioned, I was pleasantly suprised by him in the World Cup. He's sneaky fast

He blows hot and cold.  When he's hot, he's red hot.  But he plays on the edge and when you play on the edge and don't play lots of simple unchallenging football you will get things wrong.  I think the main problem is he gets in his own head, he gets too frustrated with himself.

I'm a huge fan.  Norwich fans almost worshiped him and thought they had been ripped off with the money we paid for him, and thought he should have gone to a Champions League team, felt we were beneath him.  Then again Norwich fans are a pretty deluded bunch.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

In a fully fit team Buendia was starting under Emery, when we only really had Carlos out so I don’t know what you are talking about.  I’m guessing he’s in one of the top amount of appearances of any player under Emery so he obviously thinks a lot of him unlike yourself.  Additionally before Bailey got injured both Bailey and Buendia were regular starters together in the side.  

So maybe you’ve been watching a different team because this is what Emery has being picking and completing our amazing run during his tenure.

Anyway it sounds like Holy Trinity dude has an issue with Buendia but Emery keeps picking him.  Will he pick him next season? I guess that depends who we buy in the summer but I very much doubt he’ll be sold so that dude will continue to have a go at him if that’s what he’s doing but I don’t listen to him because I find him to be not very good…quite annoying actually and surprised he’s got a bit of a following.

Edited by nick76

40 minutes ago, PaulC said:

OK it's down to opinion but I believe the positives far outweigh the negatives with Buendia but he had a really good game against Newcastle and we shall see again against Man u. I don't agree with his views so won't bother watching 

Your prerogative......I will still watch, even if I disagree, with some of the views.

In the main....I agree with Pete, so I will continue watching.

Rarely, do I watch podcasts and disagree with them.....In the main they are all pretty close, to my own views....I find them all quite rationale.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

In a fully fit team Buendia was starting under Emery, when we only really had Carlos out so I don’t know what you are talking about.  I’m guessing he’s in one of the top amount of appearances of any player under Emery so he obviously thinks a lot of him unlike yourself.  Additionally before Bailey got injured both Bailey and Buendia were regular starters together in the side.  

So maybe you’ve been watching a different team because this is what Emery has being picking and completing our amazing run during his tenure.

Anyway it sounds like Holy Trinity dude has an issue with Buendia but Emery keeps picking him.  Will he pick him next season? I guess that depends who we buy in the summer but I very much doubt he’ll be sold so that dude will continue to have a go at him if that’s what he’s doing but I don’t listen to him because I find him to be not very good…quite annoying actually and surprised he’s got a bit of a following.

I think its being over stated Nick.....He picked out shortfalls in one game to my knowledge.....I thought the points he made was reasonable observations, even if I love Emi's tenacity and willingness to challenge and engage in contact, in general.

Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion, even of Pete.....They must be thick skinned, else they wouldn't do Podcasts.

• Thanks 1

What seems to be a bit overlooked regarding Emi Buendia is the tremendous amount of defensive work he gets through. He wins the ball back so much.

As has been said  he tries so many crucial through balls that some do not succeed, but we shouldn't critisize him for that

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think its being over stated Nick.....He picked out shortfalls in one game to my knowledge.....I thought the points he made was reasonable observations, even if I love Emi's tenacity and willingness to challenge and engage in contact, in general.

Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion, even of Pete.....They must be thick skinned, else they wouldn't do Podcasts.

It's all publicity whether good or bad. Me I'm just a fan of Buendia so picking on him puts me off watching 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

What seems to be a bit overlooked regarding Emi Buendia is the tremendous amount of defensive work he gets through. He wins the ball back so much.

As has been said  he tries so many crucial through balls that some do not succeed, but we shouldn't critisize him for that

I agree...but he cannot afford to be caught in possession as much as he was.....I accept all the mitigating comments being made in his defence.....but I would be amazed, if UE didn't have a word.

Anyone who is a fan of the cut and thrust of football, will find it hard to criticise him, for effort.....but some of the observations are only made to protect the team in games with better opposition.

constructive criticism or pertinent observations, should always be welcome.

anyway...................I like Emi.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Midweek.  Southampton at home. Think we won 2-1 IIRC. I was there.

Correct, good call, a few fans on the pitch with a homemade flag, makes me feel old 😄 

47 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Correct, good call, a few fans on the pitch with a homemade flag, makes me feel old 😄 

Ta. I’m still a teenager, like I was back then, haven’t aged a bit!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, blandy said:

Ta. I’m still a teenager, like I was back then, haven’t aged a bit!

Mentally, I actually think I’m younger than I was then

• Haha 1

Â