Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Heard on a podcast Beyonce concerts etc count towards revenue which seems a bit unfair for football gains

Especially so when we don't own the stadium, but hey, if its a way for us to lessen the gap to the sky 6 I'm all for it.

It's one that genuinely has no adverse impact on our day to day. 

If we could come up with a way, like spurs, to have the pitch retractable, we could even host them in the middle of the season.

I guess if the club owns the ground, any money they make from it should becoutned as club profits. If our rental agreement is such that we can host whatever we want there and keep all the money, then same applies.

Does make me wonder how any stadium improvement costs would be born by us anyway  as we don't own it. The company that owns it would pay for any upgrades, and then increase our rent once its done to recoup (obviously on very favourable terms).

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deloitte Money League has our revenue for last season at £214m.

I wonder how they know, our accounts have not been published yet,  unless they have early access…

18 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

I wonder how they know, our accounts have not been published yet,  unless they have early access…

Unlikely. That kind of information is locked behind regulatory secret walls.

PwC are our auditors so not like they'd have got it through their work either,  and accidentally revealed it. Maybe some educated guess work on their side

Edit: realised you probably already know this so actually wondering now why you think they might have?

Edited by MrBlack

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

PwC are our auditors so not like they'd have got it through their work either,  and accidentally revealed it. Maybe some educated guess work on their side

Edit: realised you probably already know this so actually wondering now why you think they might have?

I don't know. Perhaps they have some agreement with UEFA to provide them with high level figures for all clubs.

Our accounts would have been signed off for a while now as we had to share them with premier league and uefa for FFP calculations.

Anyway £214m is good...I was expecting something much closer to £200m

Edited by Czarnikjak
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

I don't know. Perhaps they have some agreement with UEFA to provide them with high level figures for all clubs.

Our accounts would have been signed off for a while now as we had to share them with premier league and uefa for FFP calculations.

If true is shows we are on the right trajectory 

Edited by Follyfoot

On 19/02/2024 at 20:37, MrBlack said:

Especially so when we don't own the stadium, but hey, if its a way for us to lessen the gap to the sky 6 I'm all for it.

If our rental agreement is such that we can host whatever we want there and keep all the money, then same applies.

It'll be this, or something similar.

If we dont own Villa Park (which we dont) then technically match day income wouldn't be the clubs either - it'd go to whatever pot of money that Springsteen, Foo Fighters, Pink, and the Motocross money went into and Aston Villa won't see a penny for FFP/PSR

There's a reason we host events - we aren't doing it for the sheer honour of having the above artists/events in "our" stadium.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

UEFA seemed to have all European clubs revenue figures for 2022/23 for that UEFA report that was published a week or two ago. 

... and they published that into the public domain.

Edited by ender4

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

Newcastle was £250m for 22/23.  That also didn't include European football or their new Saudi sleeve sponsor who happens to pay more than double our main sponsor lol.

Are we closing the gap? Europe in 23/24 will definitely help, but 24/25 brings the new Adidas deal and hopefully CL football. 25/26 brings a new shirt sponsor. Until then, it's hard to catch up.

2022/23 - £214m

2023/24 - £214m + £30m Conference League + £10m matchday + £6m extras = £250m

2024/25 - £250m + £30m CL (on top of the £30m in 2023/24) + £10m matchday + £20m Adidas = £310m.   Wages and amortisation in Europe capped at 80% for this season - max of £248m.  

Someone else will need to work out whether that gives us enough revenue to be able to add players this summer!

23 minutes ago, ender4 said:

2022/23 - £214m

2023/24 - £214m + £30m Conference League + £10m matchday + £6m extras = £250m

2024/25 - £250m + £30m CL (on top of the £30m in 2023/24) + £10m matchday + £20m Adidas = £310m.   Wages and amortisation in Europe capped at 80% for this season - max of £248m.  

Someone else will need to work out whether that gives us enough revenue to be able to add players this summer!

I just read that Uefa report you mentioned and it scared me.

Our wages jumped by 38% last season from £139m to £191m. We had extremely high ratio of wages to revenue. Based on that, I would expect player sales for big profit ( someone with zero or low net book value) before we can bring someone in.

And apparently we made a loss of £118m! Doesn't bode well for this summer. All this rumours about selling JJ might have to come true.

Edited by Czarnikjak

Leeds Utd are 16th in the WORLD for shirt sales… Sobering and shows how far we need to go 

1. Barcelona (Nike) – €179m
  2. Real Madrid (Adidas) – €155m
  3. Bayern Munich (Adidas) – €147m
  4. Liverpool (Nike) – €132m
  5. Manchester United (Adidas) – €130m
  6. Paris Saint-Germain (Nike) – €97m
  7. Arsenal (Adidas) – €89m
  8. Chelsea (Nike) – €87m
  9. Juventus (Adidas) – €74m
  10. Tottenham (Nike) – €74m
  11. Manchester City (Puma) – €73m
  12. Borussia Dortmund (Puma) – €54m
  13. AC Milan (Puma) – €47m
  14. Ajax (Adidas) – €41m
  15. Galatasaray (Nike) – €35m
  16. Leeds United (Adidas) – €35m
  17. Celtic (Adidas) – €34m
  18. Fenerbahçe (Puma) – €31m
  19. Eintracht Frankfurt (Nike) – €26m
  20. Inter Milan (Nike) – €26m

https://www.leedsallover.com/revealed-leeds-united-making-30m-from-shirt-sales-more-than-aston-villa-and-newcastle-united/

5 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

imagine how much higher it would have been if Heck was able to sell those pesky 200 seats every match! #VillaFansOut

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Leeds Utd are 16th in the WORLD for shirt sales… Sobering and shows how far we need to go 

https://www.leedsallover.com/revealed-leeds-united-making-30m-from-shirt-sales-more-than-aston-villa-and-newcastle-united/

I think it shows that the money isn’t in the traditional revenue streams, such as bums on seats, shirt sales etc and we have to be more clever than that eith sponsorships and TV revenue etc. Which I’m sure is one of the reasons there has been a shift in senior, none football, oersonel. We have to move with the times and meet fire with fire, outside of the box thinking which we may not understand fully or be comfortable with. Ultimately winning football matches is still important though and will remain our goal for lots of reasons both emotionally and financially UTV!!!

9 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

I just read that Uefa report you mentioned and it scared me.

Our wages jumped by 38% last season from £139m to £191m. We had extremely high ratio of wages to revenue. Based on that, I would expect player sales for big profit ( someone with zero or low net book value) before we can bring someone in.

And apparently we made a loss of £118m! Doesn't bode well for this summer. All this rumours about selling JJ might have to come true.

We will be selling at least one first team player for sure. Ramsey or Luiz maybe. Anyone who rejects the idea of that is living in some kind of fantasy land.

9 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Well that’s the minimum bar for our adidas deal then. Anything less than what Leeds have would be extremely, extremely questionable. 

Shirley thats because they sell more shirts not the brand of it.

Even more reason to push into champs league, need to get the name out there.

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We will be selling at least one first team player for sure. Ramsey or Luiz maybe. Anyone who rejects the idea of that is living in some kind of fantasy land.

Go tell them on the transfer thread, I am continuously told we shouldn't or don't need to sell one of the very high value players

• Like 1

Â