Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

The club must have a replacement lined up or at least in mind, I don't like the idea of Duran having all that pressure on him when he starts (especially jumping from MLS to the Premiership), he'll need time to adjust. 

I understand the concern, I don't think you should ever let a player go without having a replacement in the works already so lets hope that is what's happening. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zero7 said:

doesn't this stay in football chat and not 'other football' until its announced? 

I realise I'm propagating the post by replying, but, does this really matter? If the move is cancelled it just gets moved back. 

15 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

The club must have a replacement lined up or at least in mind, I don't like the idea of Duran having all that pressure on him when he starts (especially jumping from MLS to the Premiership), he'll need time to adjust. 

I understand the concern, I don't think you should ever let a player go without having a replacement in the works already so lets hope that is what's happening. 

Lets not forget hes away playing 4 games in 8 days for Colombia u20s

Should have at least kept Ings around until Duran was here and available for selection. Seeing as Archer is out on loan as well. (as are B Young and Barry I believe) 

We literally only have 1 striker at the club, and its generous calling him that with his form in front of goal this season. 

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dreadful business from signing to his sale

Should never have been signed. 

Should defeinitely be sold. I can't believe we've been able to get £15,000,000 for him. Desperate teams, (WHU), do desperate things I guess. If Everton weren't so skint, they'd definitely be involved in this too.

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I absolutely swear I saw a tweet from the club saying he'd gone to West Ham for £15million but now I can't find it. Deleted? Or in my imagination?

There was a Sky Sports tweet, not seen one from the club.

6 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I absolutely swear I saw a tweet from the club saying he'd gone to West Ham for £15million but now I can't find it. Deleted? Or in my imagination?

Was a Sky sports article

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

I mean. We've just paid £14m for someone with half a season (of starts) in MLS and a moderate record or success. 

The fees here seem way off. 

Yes but they're at opposite ends of their career. Obviously Ings' price has to reflect that it is very very very unlikely that West Ham will recoup any more for him when he leaves them, whenever that is. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not being good enough to start doesn't mean he isn't contributing. Do you want XI good players and all the subs to be shit?  

I didn't say he wasn't contributing. 

No I don't want that, I've never said anything of the sort.

26 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

doesn't this stay in football chat and not 'other football' until its announced? 

The desperation to move players who are clearly connected with Aston Villa to 'other football' at the first possible moment is an odd moderating choice in my humble opinion. 

• Like 2

Â