Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I just worry because it’s Purslow and Lange doing the deals and their history is mixed as I just wrote in the other thread.  Hopefully Emery has better success with them.

Maybe lyric was right (👹) about us being low on funds but Emery wants to bring in some of his style of players now rather than the summer so we are selling probably our most saleable asset that isn’t Kamara, Luiz , Emi1 etc and then brings in a few younger guys that he can mould and work with (saw your posted tweet in transfer thread). 

We probably will spend bigger in the summer. Selling Ings now might help with that. 

1 minute ago, Ponky said:

because we are not convincingly clear of the bottom pack just yet.

We are convincingly clear of the bottom of the pack. We probably only need 12/13 more points to stay up. If you look at the league table anyone above Forest is already safe.

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm conflicted on this...

On one hand I like Ings but I've also never thought of him as the right fit for Villa.

Trust in Mr. Emery and the process I guess, surely there is a replacement lined up.

We already signed him, why do you think he's been asked to withdraw from the Colombia U20 squad?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Wonder if Antonio as part of the deal even for six months could be a short term option.

O.k the guy has lost the art of scoring but he's someone you can sling a ball over the top for and he does have presence and can make it stick so he would be a good alternative for Ollie considering we lose ability to press that well when he isn't around.

Wouldn't want Scamacca. 

I very much doubt that they would offer us either. 

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

We are convincingly clear of the bottom of the pack. We probably only need 12/13 more points to stay up. If you look at the league table anyone above Forest is already safe.

I think we can win 10 out of the remaining 19 games. Can we do that without Danny Ings? 

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm conflicted on this...

On one hand I like Ings but I've also never thought of him as the right fit for Villa.

Trust in Mr. Emery and the process I guess, surely there is a replacement lined up.

Still puts the ball in the net though. If he goes to West Ham they’ll start getting 1-0 results and move away from the drop zone. That’s what Ings can offer. 

I’m not convinced we have a striker plan either… I reckon we’ll bring in another player, but don’t think it will be a striker for some reason. 

Just now, Tayls said:

Still puts the ball in the net though. If he goes to West Ham they’ll start getting 1-0 results and move away from the drop zone. That’s what Ings can offer. 

I’m not convinced we have a striker plan either… I reckon we’ll bring in another player, but don’t think it will be a striker for some reason. 

Must admit I'm averse to selling Ings to help out wet Spam...

6 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Watch him score 10+ and keep them up. 

What I can envisage in Villa fashion is he scores enough them this season, his goals keep them up…then he’s a bit part player next season but guess what, West Ham are good again. They motor past us and we’re left rueing the fact they didn’t go down.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JayVTID said:

Typical cheap West Ham bid, do they think they are doing us a favour, I'm certainly against doing them one. We should hang up on them, if that is their best offer. Double it, at the very least or someone else probably would. Let's go all Brentford on them about a potential fee. ;)

Â