Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Could backfire on us big time, lets face it while Ings lacks the legs that Watkins offers he knows where the goal is. Would have lost to Wolves without him. He can finish a one on one with the keeper. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Well it seems we’re definitely open to selling for the right price - which is understandable I guess. The crux is whether we can get in another striker asap. 

This is my worry, most teams that are struggling for goals are looking for a striker, January is a tough window where prices are over inflated (So we should be asked for 2 times as much for Ings lol!!)

May as well kept Ings until the summer, cant pin our hopes on Watkins and a 19 year old MLS striker,  who is going to need time, to fire us to top 7 can we....

It makes sense for all parties. 

Ings is an aging back up striker, on big wages and with limited time left to get money for him. 

Ings gets to start every game at a new club.

A team worried about relegation get a guy who can save them. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Well it seems we’re definitely open to selling for the right price - which is understandable I guess. The crux is whether we can get in another striker asap. 

I'm not sure we will. 

We have Watkins and Dhuran, with potentially recalling archer if we are desperate. 

We then have Bailey, Buendia and probably a potential new player to play in that position off the main striker. 

• Like 1

My only guess is we've the player lined up to partner Watkins and compete with Bailey. We also give Duran time on the pitch by place freed up by Watkins, this will help him improve for next season. Hopefully Cam does well on his Loan and we've got our forward line sorted for next season. 

good player who plays **** all and isn't important enough to warrant a starting spot in the current system (always a threat to snag a goal off the bench however). is also ageing and has 18 months left on current deal i believe.

a decent deal that frees up significant wages 

If we do sell then anything below 20 million is poor business. We paid 7/8 for Samatta 3 years ago when we were desperate and we should not allow West Ham or whoever off the hook

Big business call from Purslow to show he still deserves his seat

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure we will. 

We have Watkins and Dhuran, with potentially recalling archer if we are desperate. 

We then have Bailey, Buendia and probably a potential new player to play in that position off the main striker. 

We are then one injury from playing 2 kids up front. Wolves took a similar risk a few seasons back and had to play Fabio Silva which potentially did long term damage to his Wolves career

• Like 2

I was really excited when we signed Ings but it hasn't really worked out. Not really sure who is to blame for that ... system  / manager / player. 

I think we paid over the odds for him and now he's a couple of years older his price has gone down accordingly.

Still we MUST have a striker incoming as we are short at the moment.

If Watkins got injured we would have no experienced back up.

Edited by VillaLion63

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

If we do sell then anything below 20 million is poor business. We paid 7/8 for Samatta 3 years ago when we were desperate and we should not allow West Ham or whoever off the hook

Big business call from Purslow to show he still deserves his seat

It's a tricky one for us especially with the new rules for UEFA Competitions. 

If Ings goes, Sanson goes, Traore and Wesley are down to 1 year left on contracts come summer so in terms of accounts we aren't penalised by selling at a book loss as max is the final year of amortisation will be lost anyway. This is why you see us loan a lot of players rather than book losses (based on remaining book value).

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We are then one injury from playing 2 kids up front. Wolves took a similar risk a few seasons back and had to play Fabio Silva which potentially did long term damage to his Wolves career

True, but then I don't think that risk outweighs the last opportunity to get good money for a back up player. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

True, but then I don't think that risk outweighs the last opportunity to get good money for a back up player. 

He is still our top scorer and for long term development I would rather have Duran learn 6 months with Ings than Watkins

• Like 1

Much like others I like Ings, he is a good goal scorer, our current top scorer and great goals per min this season.

But we should never have bought him, he's on too high wages to not be a starter (see Digne and Countinho), and now is the best time to sell to command a decent fee. That fee should be £15m upfront + £5m survival bonus though.

6 hours ago, Kingman said:

£10m is circa 3/4 places in the league table prize money so might aswell keep him, Would still get around that at the end of the season when we have time for a more suitable replacement 

£15/20m upfront + £5m add on if they stay up or go down but come back up within 2 seasons. 

No we won't because clubs won't be desperate in June and willing to pay the fee and more Importantly take the contract on. Nobody in the summer is going top target 120k 31 year old striker.

• Like 1

Â