Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Just further proof at how garbage some of our signings have been over the past couple years. 

Sign for loads of money, stick on huge wages, sell couple years later for **** all. We really are useless. 

To me Ings made sense at the time. While Gerrard was clear he wanted more experienced players in and Coutinho and Digne came in. As did Carlos 

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

except ings has been far from garbage for us.

we will likely recoup 70-80% of the money we paid so hardly **** all

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Danny has been anything but a garbage signing.

I like Ings but he clearly hasn’t been a good signing otherwise we wouldn’t be fine with selling him now. 

Transfer policy over the past couple years just been a sham. 

2 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

And a team pushing for a top half finish, and at a push a European place, left with a striker whose finishing is not his strong point, and a raw and untested teenage from the MLS as their only forward options. It doesn’t make sense for Villa unless we have a guaranteed replacement incoming. I also don’t care if it makes sense for West Ham or Ings himself.

I’m not sure it makes sense for Ings either footballing wise although financially it might with a long contract.  Footballing wise he could sign this week and have a different manager by Monday, who might not favour him.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

As long as we have a replacement lined up that’s fine.

We can’t stockpile players and there’s no point keeping one of our highest earners around to be an impact sub.

If Emery wants to replace him then I’m fully behind this.

But he is making an impact, quite a significant one in some games.

• Like 1

Just now, Farlz said:

I like Ings but he clearly hasn’t been a good signing otherwise we wouldn’t be fine with selling him now. 

Don’t agree

He has 18 months left on his contract, will be 31 in the summer and Emery might have a replacement lined up are all valid reasons why he might be sold.  He hasn’t been garbage at all.

• Like 1

Everyone assumes we’ll just replace Ings with someone better, when was the last time we did that with a player we sold?

Top strikers aren’t growing on trees, as evident by several teams needing one, and Man Utd loaning a bloody Burnley reject.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Everyone assumes we’ll just replace Ings with someone better, when was the last time we did that with a player we sold?

Top strikers aren’t growing on trees, as evident by several teams needing one, and Man Utd loaning a bloody Burnley reject.

I'd rather take my a chance on a young striker who will improve, grow in value and fit the system than continue to pay a deteriorating striker 120k a week.

This thinking is why Gabby stole millions from the club.

He hasnt been a garbage signing at all but definitely below expectations.

If you'd said when we sign him in 2 years he'd play as many minutes and score as many goals you've be very whelmed.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Exactly this - his goals have won 4 out of our last 7 points.  Given how close the middle of the table is - that's worth potentially £5m at the end of the season.  I wouldn't class him as a big success, he's not had the impact that I hoped he would have done when we signed him and he wouldn't have been my first or second choice for a new CF at the time.  But he's done a pretty decent job - given us options, made us less reliant on Watkins staying injury free, etc.  Will he be remembered as one of the best strikers to play for us in the last 20 or 30 years - absolutely not.  But should he be regarded as one of our worst - equally absolutely not.

2 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Do you trust Unai Emery? I do, let’s wait and see what happens before we all lose our s*** over this…

I do, doesn’t mean we can’t discuss it otherwise this forum would be a ghost town if we didn’t discuss anything

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Yeah he is no Hogan, Samatta, McCormack garbage signing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allani said:

Exactly this - his goals have won 4 out of our last 7 points.  Given how close the middle of the table is - that's worth potentially £5m at the end of the season.  I wouldn't class him as a big success, he's not had the impact that I hoped he would have done when we signed him and he wouldn't have been my first or second choice for a new CF at the time.  But he's done a pretty decent job - given us options, made us less reliant on Watkins staying injury free, etc.  Will he be remembered as one of the best strikers to play for us in the last 20 or 30 years - absolutely not.  But should he be regarded as one of our worst - equally absolutely not.

We won't be playing with 10 men if we sell Ings. Someone else will get the goals.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I do, doesn’t mean we can’t discuss it otherwise this forum would be a ghost town if we didn’t discuss anything

But you’re not discussing it Nick, you’re panicking. If you trust him, you have to let him do his thing. He’s not going to leave himself short, and hinder his ability to do his job. Stop worrying mate! We’ve got the right guy in charge.

Â