Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Just now, Villastine said:

Wow! I think selling Ings and replacing him with Deulofeu would be up there with our worst ever moves in the transfer market. 

Makes no sense to me! 

I’m not saying replace him, but there is a chance Deulofeu will be here regardless of Ings. 

The club will sell Ings if somebody meets our valuation. He’s simply too expensive and we have a chance to claw back some of the money we should never have spent on him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, allani said:

He's our top scorer.

Watkins isn't very effective when teams park the bus in front of their own box.

If he leaves our second striker is a (by all accounts promising) teenager who has never kicked a ball in the Premier League.

We are 6 points off 6 place and Chelsea and Liverpool are both fast approaching crisis point.

He's not part of our best starting 11.... Or our future plans. Sell whilst he's hot. Otherwise we're stuck with him 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Wow! I think selling Ings and replacing him with Deulofeu would be up there with our worst ever moves in the transfer market. 

Makes no sense to me! 

Worst ever moves?

There's exaggeration, then there's hyperbole and in a different universe, far, far away, there's this.

From what the Times were saying about Duran signing. He'll come into our first team squad, be mostly a bench option but contribute when realistic and then we'll look for more experienced CF in the summer so that's the most likely time for Ings to go.

Selling him now and leaving us with Watkins, Duran and combination of wide options as False 9 dosen't really indicate  a side serious about going for 7th as it feels very thin compared to other teams in the mix.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m not saying replace him, but there is a chance Deulofeu will be here regardless of Ings. 

The club will sell Ings if somebody meets our valuation. He’s simply too expensive and we have a chance to claw back some of the money we should never have spent on him.

We don't need 20m that badly. He's our top scorer, coming into form and is our best finisher by a long long way. 

Football is a squad game now. Selling Ings makes no real sense. Unless the offer is twice his valuation 

• Like 3

Just now, WHY said:

Actually think he would be horrible signing for West Ham the way they play. He would be perfect for Brighton though imo.

Wonder if Antonio as part of the deal even for six months could be a short term option.

O.k the guy has lost the art of scoring but he's someone you can sling a ball over the top for and he does have presence and can make it stick so he would be a good alternative for Ollie considering we lose ability to press that well when he isn't around.

Wouldn't want Scamacca. 

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wonder if Antonio as part of the deal even for six months could be a short term option.

O.k the guy has lost the art of scoring but he's someone you can sling a ball over the top for and he does have presence and can make it stick so he would be a good alternative for Ollie considering we lose ability to press that well when he isn't around.

Wouldn't want Scamacca. 

Would agree 18 months ago but his legs have gone. Might as well recall Davis if we want someone to do the above. 

Edited by WHY

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

This. So many people on Twitter saying we should sell in the Summer?

Yeh, about that. Who’s going to want him then given the wages he’s on and it being a much more open market and people can plan more and shop around.

It’s not a coincidence there have been links to Southampton, Everton and West Ham. Go check out the league table.

Right now, all three of those clubs need a striker who can score a handful of goals between now and the end of the season. The cost of relegation is too high and they’ll be balancing that up against the cost of Ings transfer fee and wages. They might feel Ings at £15m and a 2/3yr contract on similar wages to what he’s on here is the better alternative to getting relegated. 

We need to take advantage of this desperation. If a club is willing to take those wages off our hands, and give us a £15m transfer fee, then more fool them. He’d only be a stop gap for them I imagine, given how immobile and unfit I think he looks recently. 

I don’t mind Ings, I think he has a place in our squad, I just know that financially, a deal would make massive sense for Villa here even if we don’t replace him.

We need to plan for the future. Ings on £125k a week to sit on the bench for the next 18 months is not the future. 

100% agreed. It's either sell now or never. Maybe we could loan a replacement to the end of the season for short term cover.

Any club where their highest earner or earners aren't part of the starting 11 and sitting on the bench isn't a good luck IMO. And causes unrest with the players earning less yet are in the starting 11....  

I doubt anything is close.

Ollie limped off after 20 minutes the other night so would be bizarre to sell Ings this week if he's struggling to make it for Southampton game. Would leave us with Bailey and endless midfielders as our "forward" options given Duran is playing in this under 20 competition.

For a must win game to get closer to top half seems a bit odd.

After that it's a 10 day break before window shuts so that's when things will happen.

I assume this is a Sullivan-Brady signing as Moyes could easily be sacked if they don't beat Everton. Can only think they've got Dyche ready to be installed and he worked with Ings at Burnley.

West Ham can bid but there's no pressure to accept this bid for another 5-6 days.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Makes no sense to me! 

Nah I'd snap your hands off to swap the two.

Ings would be great if were set up to create for a striker but we aren't. We are going to be playing much more as a team, overloads, runners from midfield, wingers/forwards dropping in/wide to link up play etc. Ings can't do it, Deulofeu's all round game is miles better and he can contribute to the game more, which is what we need.

Ings feels to me like a case of right striker at the wrong time. Purslow wanted him, no chance Smith did and it disrupted the entire team trying to force him in.

Â