Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Thought he was excellent again today. We’re really starting to see the ability that we knew he had. Took his goal brilliantly, he and Emi seem to have a good understanding. See no reason why he can’t score 15 goals or so next season if he gets regular minutes. 

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I think I’ll be quite happy if we go into next season with Ings, Watkins and Archer as our strikers. Sort the midfield out and they’ll score for fun.

even Davis as back up to them

Very clever player who has to play when buendia plays. Buendia is brave, he tries forward passes and through balls that Ings movement thrives on.

The goal he scored yesterday was the simple type of goals that we don't usually seem to score before this season.

22 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Very clever player who has to play when buendia plays. Buendia is brave, he tries forward passes and through balls that Ings movement thrives on.

The goal he scored yesterday was the simple type of goals that we don't usually seem to score before this season.

Ironically, the goal Ings scored yesterday was exactly the type of goal pukki used to score with buendia assisting.

As buendia said in an interview about pukki, when I get the ball I don't need to look up, I know pukki is running and I just need to put the ball in the right place.

Pukki is an intelligent player, and so is ings, I think they are forming a similar relationship, which is great for us.

• Like 1

I think we can all agree our best formation is the 4 3 1 2 as that allows Ings more freedom in the 2nd striker role as he drops a little deep sometimes to get the ball. His defensive work is still outstanding, among the best in all departments for a CF. He is also leading player for Villa in Goal Contributions 7 goals and 6 assists to Watkins 10 goals and 1 assist,

I do think the two 10s will work better with a full pre season and see Ings swapping for Coutinho/Buendia to make it 4 3 2 1 

We aren't going to be able to find better CFs than Ings/Watkins in the summer window unless it's a Suarez for 12 months. We do need another CF though as if 4 3 1 2 is our best formation we can't make a sub atm to keep the formation and we can't play it if one or other is injured. Archer might not be ready to start on a regular basis

Ings Goals + Assists per 90 for past 4 seasons

So this current season is his 2nd most productive in goal contributions per 90 ever in the Premier League

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Ings Goals + Assists per 90 for past 4 seasons

So this current season is his 2nd most productive in goal contributions per 90 ever in the Premier League

Which one is this season? 0.68 would make it his second worst. 0.55 would make it his best.

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Which one is this season? 0.68 would make it his second worst. 0.55 would make it his best.

0.68 goals or assists per 90 is better than 0.55. Why would a lower number be better!?? 

26 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

0.68 goals or assists per 90 is better than 0.55. Why would a lower number be better!?? 

I'd just woken up, for some reason I thought those were how many minutes per contributions and it was higher so worse.

Forgive me CVB

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'd just woken up, for some reason I thought those were how many minutes per contributions and it was higher so worse.

Forgive me CVB

Yeah I know what you mean, like 55m per goal or assist is better than 68m etc.. 

np mate

It's just very good to see this from Ings in a "bad" season. Especially as his form has come in last 10 or so games with the Watkins partnership

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I'd still sell in the summer.

I’ve probably said something similar at some point as I’m a fickle bastard, but as I’m Team Ings right now I’m going to tell you you’re insane. 

I think Danny’s class. Got a good understanding with Buendia, and works hard for the side. Think he’ll score plenty next season. Consecutive games he and Ollie have both notched in the same game, against relegation sides granted, but they are starting to form a decent partnership.

Part of me says sell in the summer, as he turn 30 next season. The reality is we can't get better than him if he was sold. I like the trio of him Watkins, and Buendia, however that trio is not quite good enough to get europen football, unless our defence is almost impenatrable. There isn't enough technical quality in that 3 to break down stubburn defences. however it's super hardworking, and has 40 goals as season as a trio., but only 25 assists.

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Part of me says sell in the summer, as he turn 30 next season. The reality is we can't get better than him if he was sold. I like the trio of him Watkins, and Buendia, however that trio is not quite good enough to get europen football, unless our defence is almost impenatrable. There isn't enough technical quality in that 3 to break down stubburn defences. however it's super hardworking, and has 40 goals as season as a trio., but only 25 assists.

Funny you mention the three as a whole lacking technical quality. I'd say that Watkins is the only one of three that's lacking in that area?

Edited by Tom13

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

I’ve probably said something similar at some point as I’m a fickle bastard, but as I’m Team Ings right now I’m going to tell you you’re insane. 

Turning 30 and i doubt his stock won't be any higher the smarter clubs would cash in.

Â